Rocket Racing League HD
By Rocket Racing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In Rocket Racing League HD you take control of a fully customizable Rocket Racer® aircraft and test your skills in single-player Career mode or head-to-head against your friends via Bluetooth® or LAN-based Wi-Fi Multiplayer. Pilot your rocket-powered plane over stunning terrains through various race types including Lap Tracks, Drag Races, Arcade Tracks and Ground Races.
Featuring Facebook Challenges: iPad exclusive feature lets players challenge any posted race result, share all outcomes and be challenged by Facebook friends.
A global leaderboard lets you show off to friends and other competitive racers around the world.
• Three Modes of Gameplay: Single Player, Multiplayer and Challenge Mode.
• Multiplayer (1-4 players via local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth®)
• Challenges: iPad exclusive feature lets players challenge any posted race result, share all outcomes and be challenged by Facebook friends.
• Real Time Scoring/Timing and Rankings
• Four Race Types: Lap, Drag, Arcade, Ground
• Eight Track Locations: Nevada Canyon, California Coast, City, Tropical Island, Space ,Colorado, Future World and Alien Landscape.
• Instant Replay: User can toggle between six different camera views
• Leaderboards, Facebook® Connect (Full list displayed at RRLgames.com and individual posts on Facebook)
• Unique, Customizable Rocket Racer® Aircraft – Mark III and Mark V
• Control System: Accelerometer or Virtual Joypad
• AppleHD Graphics
What's New in Version 1.1
OS 4.2 Updates
Excellent sim that could be great
As a pilot and aircraft builder I am really excited to be able to fly a rocket racer in this little sim. The physics model is pretty good though I find indestructible aircraft that bounce off terrain to detract a lot from the immersion.
The control scheme is decent though I would much prefer full three axis controls including rudder. Look at the control scheme used in Sky Gamblers Rise of Glory... It's beautiful for a tablet.
Also I really believe the sim needs an in-cockpit view with instruments. Flying third person or without any visible cockpit just doesn't quite feel like flying. The aircraft also seem to stick to the ground on takeoff after already reaching flying speed.
Essentially this is a really fun rocket racing game that tries but not quite qualifies as being a simulation. If it just had the few things I mentioned above I would have given it 5 stars. Definitely worth picking up.
Fun game, nice graphics
I picked this up on a whim and I'm glad I did. Nice graphics, controls are good ... Fun little racing game. I'll be curious to see if the real Rocket Racing League ever manages to get going. Hope so - if the game is any indication, it will be a blast to watch.
Something seriously wrong with this game!
This game has the right idea but fils entirely in execution! Either the frame rate is too low or the flight mechanics are entirely wrong but you don't feel like you are flying a rocket! More like flying a box! And believe me I gave it time and tweaked the controls every which way! This game is more frustrating than fun! Needs a HUGE overhaul! You are better off with Ikaro racing! It's more fun and less expensive!