New World Colony
By 82 Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New World Colony is a strategy board game where you settle territories, gather resources, upgrade buildings, construct defenses and invade your opponents.
Every turn gives you meaningful decisions about expanding and protecting your colony or anticipating and thwarting your enemy's plans.
It's easy to learn and you can practice against the AI and then join thousands of other players in online matches.
"One incredible package that is hard to put down." - iPadBoardGames.org
"Strategy fans rejoice, games like this are far & few between" - AppVader.com
"I can't stop playing it, and if you download it, neither will you. 10/10" GamingTillDisconnected.com
- Play locally or online against up to 4 players.
- Multiple buildings including sawmills, granaries, towns, forts, strongholds, trading posts, and shipyards.
- Play against 3 computer difficulties.
- Normal, Defensive, Pacifist, and Warlord game modes each with different and challenging rules.
- Map editor to create your own custom boards.
- Built-in tutorial to bring you up to speed quickly.
What's New in Version 4.40
- Fixed display issues in iOS 7
- Supports fullscreen in iPhone 5+
- Fixed build and trade menus disappearing
- Added 'Undo All' option to menu
- All wall invade costs displayed on territory inspector
- Higher resolution menus
- Fixed turn errors if restarted map while AI was running
- Music no longer resets every time you enter and exit a game
Great hex game
I wish there were more games like this one. Its simple but extremely strategic. Frequent updates ensure this game will be around long term.
This is currently my favorite strategy game on iPad. That's pretty impressive for 2 reasons.
1) Before this game my favorite game (for 25 years) was axis an allies board game and computer game.
2) I've purchased enough iPad games to fill the hard drive 3 times.
There are people who have compared this game to catan but they are so completely different. The only similarity is a hex board. This game blows catan out of the water.
Please keep up the updates and please keep the price at a point where lots of people buy the game so there are more online people to play with. As a guideline I paid $10 for catan ($5 for the game and $5 for the I game additional content). Although I completely think New World Colony is worth that and I would even pay more, I think it's more important to establish the games popularity with a few thousand people before you increase the price.
New World Colony (NWC) is a simple to learn, elegant iOS game that has tons of replay value. Choose different styles of maps, different game rules, or with an optional $0.99 editor, create your own maps.
You can play solo against 1, 2 or 3 AI, each separately configurable in level of difficulty, or play using Game Center against your friends or any combination of friends and AI.
NWC is a turn-based strategy game that allows you to make your move and then do something else until you are notified it is your turn again. You can also play multiple games at the same time.
The sound track is very relaxing, the graphics are nice and the gameplay is excellent.
New world colony
I've been playing this game for over a year now and can't put it down. This is the best strategy game ever! The AI is a good teacher but the real fun is PvP. The more I play the more tricks I learn. Playing 3 or 4 player then adds even more challenges. I have recommended this game to all my friends. Being able to make your move when time allows and having 30 games going means you always have a game "in play". Love it! Play it! Worth 5x the cost! Don't have it? Get it! And see you on the battlefield. Good luck, you'll need it. :)
(Love the new 'undo all' feature)
Excellent strategy game. The more times you play the better you get. Great fun.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 4.40
- Size: 79.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Erik Asmussen
- © 2011-2013 Erik Asmussen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Map Editor Kit$0.99