By NAMCO BANDAI Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application does not currently support iOS7.
Celebrate PAC-MAN’s 30th anniversary by joining him in three-dimensions! Namco is proud to reintroduce PAC-MANIA, the fan-favorite game that pits PAC-MAN against ghosts new and old in unique and addictive 3D worlds!
Injecting fresh life into the best-loved elements of classic PAC-MAN, PAC-MANIA introduces amazing 3D abilities such as the power to jump over ghosts! But the dot-chomping, power-pellet adventure that has long-defined PAC-MAN has new foes to match its new powers and dimensions: introducing Funky and Spunky, two new ghosts who won't just chase PAC-MAN but hop like he does!
With 2 modes and 4 unique worlds, this twist on classic PAC-MAN will make you a PAC-MANIAC!
- PAC-MANIA's introduction of isometric 3D preserves the best-loved elements of classic PAC-MAN while introducing totally new 3D abilities!
- Jump over ghosts and change direction mid-air for an entirely new PAC-MAN experience!
- Newcomers Funky and Spunky can hop too, adding a new dimension of ghostly trouble for PAC-MAN!
- Four unique worlds including Block Town, PAC-MAN’s Park, Sandbox Land and Jungle Steps provide a variety of challenges!
- Play in Original Mode or enter Scramble Mode, where PAC-MAN has 120 seconds to rack up the highest score possible and each PAC-DOT consumed makes him move faster!
- With 23 stages of gameplay, are you a big enough maniac to take the challenge?
- Use your iPhone/iPod touch to take control of PAC-MAN via Virtual Pad, Touch, or Flick controls!
- Earn achievements and compete against others via leaderboards inside the Game Center!
I played PAC mania for the first time on namco museum on GameCube and loved it. But now that I don't have my GameCube, I was glad to find this gem on the app store. While I do find that he moves just a bit slower than he used to, I can't find any problems (except that the cutscenes are missing but that's not much of a problem in my opinion). I find that the best control setting to use is swipe (like all the other iOS ports). However, I would love to see a difficulty or speed changer in the future as he does move slow. Other than those few knit picks, the game is great and still deserving of five stars. Thanks namco.
*one last thing* Namco, could you please release jr. PAC man for ios, I would pay any price!
Fun game poor controls
I love this game and it would have to be one of my most favorite games of all time but this version of pac-mania suffers from poor controls the joystick moves around in a circle whereas it should only be able to move like a d-pad also the game should be able to preform in landscape mode too because my hands get very cramped when I play this but other than that the game is pretty good fun but the controls need fixing badly
One of my all-time favorite Pac-Man games!
Some people may consider this to be Pac-Man's least popular outing, but this is actually my favorite outing. The music and the jumping bring back memories of me playing this game as a child. I love it!
I only have ONE problem: Where are the opening level cutscenes?! I loved those! Please bring them back in a future update, Namco! Otherwise, great port of one of my all time favorite Pac-Man sequels!
- Category: Games
- Released: Nov 25, 2010
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
- ©2010 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.