The Shadow Sun
By Ossian Studios Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate Western action RPG has arrived on iOS! Embark on an epic dark fantasy in the grand tradition of great, story-driven RPGs from PC and console, created by veterans of the Neverwinter Nights, Baldur’s Gate, and The Witcher franchises.
SLIDE TO PLAY - 4/4 “The Shadow Sun is one of the most captivating experiences I’ve had with a role-playing game in quite some time.”
DIGITALLY DOWNLOADED - 4.5/5 “The Shadow Sun floored me from start to finish.”
ARCADE SUSHI - 8.5/10 “If you’re a fan of RPGs at all, then The Shadow Sun belongs in your Games folder.”
POCKET GAMER - 8/10 (Silver Award) “The Shadow Sun replicates a tabletop RPG experience almost perfectly - right down to the carefully crafted fantasy world in which it's set.”
TOUCHARCADE - 4/5 “With a compelling story, plenty of content, and a character customization system that works, Shadow Sun succeeds in its goal as a Western RPG.”
APP-S.RU - 4/5 “The Shadow Sun is one of the few truly great RPGs for the iPhone, iPad and in the absence of competitors could easily sit next to Baldur's Gate.”
PORTABLE GAMING REGION “The Shadow Sun is pretty much what I imagine a “real” Dragon Age mobile game should be.”
** Featured in Apple’s Best New Games category! **
With The Shadow Sun, Ossian Studios brings together all its expertise from working with Dungeons & Dragons and The Witcher in order to create a deep, story-driven RPG experience for iOS. Prepare yourself for visceral real-time combat, a gorgeously detailed world to adventure in, complex characters to interact with, and an epic tale of an ancient city held within the grip of a mysterious plague.
Enter a world that has felt an alien touch upon its sun. An ever-increasing shadow that creeps across the sun's brilliant face, with consequences that are only now becoming horrifically apparent...
HOURS OF ADVENTURE
• A 10-hour adventure where you explore the decadent imperial city of Shar and the exotic desert lands around it, delving into a story filled with intrigue, danger, and shocking surprises.
• Explore over 70 unique areas and uncover 200+ unique items, hidden secrets, and ancient treasures.
• A handy journal tracks your quests and a detailed codex notes new characters, places, and creatures you encounter.
• An original orchestral soundtrack and amazing soundscape will immerse you into this dark fantasy world.
• Create your own male or female character and customize their attributes and appearance.
• Choose from among 30 attacks, spells, and skills to suit your favourite play style, and develop those abilities exactly how you want as the game progresses.
• Solve quests in multiple ways and have new NPC dialogue options open up depending on your skills.
• Ally with one of four companions to adventure alongside you, each with their own personality and abilities, and win their friendship or suffer their disapproval depending on your choices.
Play on any of these supported devices, with graphics that scale with the device.
• iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
• iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s
• iPod touch 3, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5
* In-app purchases are purely optional! *
The 3 starter packs are optional DLC that have extra content and quests, none of which are required to enjoy the game. The in-depth hint guide also provides a full walkthrough and gameplay tips, along with details on companions, secrets, monsters, and other helpful information.
Visit our official site for more news and info about The Shadow Sun: http://www.ossianstudios.com/
Drop by our forums and talk directly with the development team: http://www.ossianstudios.com/forum/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OssianStudios
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OssianStudios
Check out our videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/OssianStudios
What's New in Version 1.01
- Fixed save game crash when all item slots filled and using magi stone.
- Fixed rare crash after Unity logo and during character creation.
- Increased virtual thumbstick size.
- Minor area fixes and game tweaks.
* We are looking to improve the camera in the next update.
We appreciate your feedback and thanks for playing The Shadow Sun!
Ignore the pro-game biased shills. And also ignore the cosmetic update to get rid of the reviews telling everyone to stay away from this rip-off.
Imagine Oceanhorn if it sucked. Seriously, you had 3 years.
Graphics are very outdated. Controls are terrible. The combat is horrific. The game is short.
This is like Aralon, except bad. It would be a great game if this were 2009. Come on man. I paid 8 bucks for Unreal Engine graphics and a decent story, not this.
3 years. 3.
I got suckered. Stay away from this crap, and if you have Aralon, which came out in 2010, don't bother spending your money on this junk.
Also stop referring to this as a "Western" RPG to try to drum up western buyers. This game is a rip-off in every sense of the word.
Ignore the apologists who claim that this is a good story. The story is terrible as well.
Unless it's 99 cents don't waste your money like I did.
Great Gameplay But Uncomfortable Story
The game is fun to play and reminds me of action RPGs on other systems. But while the gameplay is enjoyable, the story made me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I know that I may be looking at things that aren't really there but I get this anti-Middle East vibe from this game.
Side note - I wish there were a better character creation system. Only three faces and tones makes it difficult to imagine myself in the game.
Love this game
Only wish that party storage in the hideout could hold more than the 99 items. Really hope for expansions soon, so that I can keep on playing.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 03, 2014
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 505 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ossian Studios Inc.
- © 2013 Ossian Studios Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Warrior Starter Pack$0.99
- Rogue Starter Pack$0.99
- Mage Starter Pack$0.99
- Hint Guide$0.99