365 Crosswords for iPad
By Simon & Schuster
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Solve a year's worth of Simon & Schuster crossword puzzles on your iPad, all in one simple download. 365 Crosswords contains unique and challenging crossword puzzles for solvers of every level. Created by the best constructors-–and edited by top puzzle master John M. Samson-—these puzzles brought to you by the original crossword publishers, Simon and Schuster, offer hours of entertainment.
Play 365 Crosswords anywhere, anytime, without a WiFi or 3G connection, and without a subscription.
• Sort and choose crosswords by degree of difficulty, level of completion, author, or title
• Jump right into play with the "Pick One For Me" option
• Download free bonus and themed puzzles in application updates
• Solve puzzles in "pen" or "pencil" mode
• Solve difficult "rebus" crosswords by selecting multiple letter mode
• Check or reveal a letter, a word, or the entire grid
Are you up for the challenge? Fire up your iPad, get ready to tap and find out!
• Manage and sort puzzles from the List Puzzles menu
• All settings can be accessed by tapping the gear-shaped icon from the Main Menu
• To key in answers, click the pencil icon to bring up the keyboard
• To check/reveal answers (with cheating enabled), click the green check icon
About Simon & Schuster:
In 1924, Simon & Schuster published its first title, The Cross Word Puzzle Book. Not only was it the publisher's first release -- it was the first collection of crossword puzzles ever printed.
Today, eighty-five years later, the legendary Simon & Schuster Crossword Puzzle Book series maintains its status as the standard-bearer for cruciverbal excellence.
Too hard to check for right answer
After working with a great many crossword apps and being accustomed to being able to check letters as I put them in. This app is definitely not any fun to fool with. There are too many clicks to go check an answer. I got really tired of it and have deleted it....chalked up my $5 as lost. Also there were too many words misspelled.
Sorry I wasted my money on this app. Many of the clues are obscure and misleading. There are many other crossword apps like across lite and ny times that are much better. Oh well,you pays ya' money, you takes your chances.
This app crashed before I even started my first puzzle, and again during the first solve. I tried another puzzle, restarted my iPad, etc. No joy. I hope they update soon or I threw away $5 without even having a chance to really try it!