ESPN Fantasy Basketball
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the ESPN Fantasy Basketball app, you can manage multiple teams and leagues, follow your matchups in real-time, add/drop/trade players, and make last second line up changes from wherever you are. You’ll be one tap away from your teams and leagues, and one step ahead of your friends.
With the ESPN Fantasy Basketball app you can:
* Follow your head-to-head matchup or rotisserie scoring live with FantasyCast
* Get exclusive news, analysis, videos and the latest Tweets from ESPN fantasy experts
* Follow live NBA scores
* Start, bench, add, drop, and claim players off waivers and propose trades
* View and post messages to your league message board
Download now because there’s no better time to check on your fantasy basketball teams than anytime you please.
What's New in Version 3.5
Updated for iOS 8
Make more like yahoo
While I'm sure Yahoo isn't as well-liked by fantasy fans as ESPN, they did a great job with their fantasy app. The main differences in Yahoo that I'd like to see put into this app are...
1. Sidescrolling to view stats. That small black arrow is pretty tough to hit, and you also lose sight of the player name when looking at blocks, points, and steals. This is only when looking at the matchup stats, but why should it be any different than when I'm looking at my own team? Yahoo has this feature and it makes the app much more fluid and easier to use.
2. When making roster changes, I want to be able to see who is playing and who isn't as I'm choosing who to swap. This feature is in the yahoo app and makes roster changes much simpler. I often find myself going back and forth to make sure I'm swapping the correct player.
3. Fix the headline issues. New headlines come up, and usually I can read them on my iPhone. However, the fantasy forecasters, promising to give a list of the best players in fantasy, does not show up. Instead, just the match ups between teams in the league to try and gain an advantage based on who is playing who and how many games a team has that week.
4. Just make it look better. I had iOS 8 for months before this update came, and it literally did nothing to change the functionality or appearance of the app. Why even release an update if it wasn't necessary for the app functionality and didn't make any changes?
Do you enjoy our misery?
My excitement to finally see an "update" for this app was quickly thrashed once I opened the app and saw that the only thing they changed was the icon and the banner color at the top. Before, I just figured that they forgot about this app and was putting all of their focus on the moneymaker football app. Which would be fair enough. But the fact that they took the time to look at this app and simply made 2 cosmetic changes without changing a single one of the countless fundamental flaws this app contains is sickening. It's like a doctor walking in and offering a terminal patient a facelift instead of a cure. Am I more upset about this than I should be, yea probably. But honestly, the idea that another sentient being was assigned the task of improving this app and came up with this... Disappointment is an understatement.
Make it like ESPN football app and get it out of 2010
First of all you know the app is outdated when Dwight Howard on the Lakers is the photo they use to show what the app looks like. Make it like the fantasy football app and everything would be great. It's clunky and very outdated. ESPN obviously has the assets to make it a much better app but why they don't, who knows. Also make an iPad version as well. It's a joke that this app has more than one star by anyone. Update the app and take it out of 2010. It should show a lot more detailed stats in the fancast and when adding players.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Nov 11, 2014
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- © 2013 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.