Deer Hunter: African Safari for iPad
By Glu Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOW INCLUDES GAME CENTER ACHIEVEMENTS & LEADERBOARDS!!!
HD GRAPHICS for iPad!!
The most realistic hunting franchise returns with an all new adventure: Deer Hunter: African Safari for iPad! Travel to South Africa, Cameroon and Tanzania to bag exotic big game such as Zebra, Buffalo, Kudu, Elephants, Lions and more! Experience breathtaking African scenery as you progress from rookie to master hunter, unlocking new hunts and purchasing new gear, weapons and skills. Participate in multi-day hunting excursions or opt for quickplay mode where you can choose from lightning and bonus rounds.
Based on the multi-platform, best-selling hunting game from Atari, Deer Hunter: African Safari is as real as it gets!
- Enhanced graphics optimized for the iPad
- Hunt in 3 different African countries including South Africa, Cameroon and Tanzania, all expertly rendered to make for the most realistic hunting sim experience available on the iPhone.
- All new exotic big game indigenous to Africa: Zebra, Buffalo, Kudu, Elephants, Lions and more - all with true-to-life sense and behaviors!
- Stay alert! Certain dangerous animals like buffalo and lions will charge at you if your first shot isn't fatal, leaving you less reaction time to fire a second shot.
- Toggle weapons mid-hunt - you can now choose between 2 different weapons during any given hunt.
- Use the dynamic scope to zoom in and fire more precise shots, hitting your target's "kill zone".
- Develop your skills: accuracy, reflexes, endurance, tracking and stealth.
- The bigger the game, the better the game - unlock new hunts and purchase new gear, weapons and skills by bagging the biggest animals.
- Visit the interactive trophy room and re-live your most skillful kills - view stats such as bullet trajectory, exact position of the animal when killed, and any bonus points earned for kill zone hits, vital hits, specific trophy values and distance.
- Share Trophies of your most revered kills with friends.
FOLLOW US at
Twitter - @glumobile
Deer Hunter: African Safari for iPad is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
Now includes GAME CENTER Achievements, Leaderboards &
multi-tasking on iOS 4.2!!
If you like Deer Hunter African Safari for iPad, please rate it 5 stars on the App Store. 5 Star reviews keep the updates coming!!!
Safari Hunting without Mossies
I have the Glu hunting apps for iOS and Droid and enjoy all platforms immensely. Finding iPad versions for $.99 was a delight and a value not to be ignored. The game play is great fun with options for a quick hunt or, a Safari style that will take you a bit more time. Graphics are pleasing and the response is beyond acceptable. I highly recommend all Glu apps without reservation and hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.
With options for trigger and motion, the game play can be varied to suit the players needs and adrenaline levels. Sound can be altered to suit the environment as well so your kills moans and screams will not arouse suspicion at the office or in the loo.
As a grown up who enjoyed Atari games as a child, I must admit, that this brings me back to my youth.
It is really cool to travel different place to hunter animal and easy to play. ^.^ You can try too. It might little hard to try prefect shot head or body, but you can still practice hunter animal as you get better and it also has teach you how use gun and what doing in this game.
(Sorry if my English is bad, but I just say this game is awesome! :P)
The only reason I purchased it is because of its high rating. The game itself is very primitive: y can only shoot one or two animals and it quits the game and takes y to the next step. The game is simply shoot something, get points, move on. Y do not walk around to find or track an animal - y simply start in a place with several target animals, shoot one and the goal is achieved. Y can't see the bullet camera, it doesn't matter if aim into its heart or leg, no need to make corrections for the distance, animals never attack you. It is a waste of money, why no one said the truth about it. Waste of 3 bucks!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 23, 2010
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 168 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Glu Games Inc
- © 2010 Glu Mobile, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Hunter Weapon Pack$0.99
- Pro Tracker Equipment Pack$0.99
- Pro Spotter Equipment Pack$0.99