Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction
- Build confidence with Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Turkish or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 100 free voices in 29 languages
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
What's New in Version 3.0
Pictello 3.0 is a major release with many new features:
- Word prediction - reduce typing and build early literacy skills with word prediction, available in 15 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Turkish, Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese
- Speak as you type - hear what you are typing by letter, word, sentence or paragraph.
- Switch access - read stories with switches! Use one or two switches to play back your story and turn pages, or use the screen as a single switch with Auto Play.
- Repeated taps - help your happy tappers be more functional: ignore repeated taps during playback, or use them to pause and resume audio or video.
- New French voice, Manon.
- Full screen photo taking
- Improved photo picker
- Refined story creation wizard
- Designed for iOS 7 and later
- Announcements and news messages in your Options
- A few small enhancements
Love the app! Hate the update: shouldn’t change look when issuing an update.
We love this app, it has been robust, and we have been using it daily everywhere for my non-verbal teenage son for more than 2 years (for activity schedules, photo albums he shares with peers, and almost everything we can think of). WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE BUTTONS? Since the app update, we have to reteach the app. My son stopped using the buttons because . the color scheme changed, and the forward/backward buttons are orange and less visually distinct. Don’t make things cutesy for this population!!! Any visual changes are a major change for people with cognitive and visual-processing differences. Don’t do it again. This time we’ll put the hours in to reteach it. Next time offer the option of retaining the old look and feel or accepting the changes with any updates your designers want to make.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 13, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 537 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2010-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.