PBS for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch the most popular programs from PBS, including Nature, NOVA, and Masterpiece. "PBS for iPad" features thousands of full-length videos from your favorite PBS programs and local stations; new videos are added daily.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of hundreds of videos from both new programs and from the PBS archives. Find these top programs and more:
* PBS primetime programs: Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, History Detectives, Masterpiece, Nature, Need to Know, Nova, Secrets of the Dead, and more.
* PBS NewsHour segments.
* Austin City Limits song performances.
* Special clips and full-length episodes from the PBS special CIRCUS.
* Original online series, including Nova ScienceNOW’s “Secret Life of Scientists” and “FutureStates” from INDEPENDENT LENS.
* Sign-in and enjoy new cross-device features! Your playback history is now synced across devices.
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs.
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon.
* Learn more about PBS programs and specific episodes.
* Bookmark favorite programs and episodes for easy retrieval.
* Share videos with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email.
* Purchase episodes and seasons that you’d like to own.
MORE FROM PBS
Find more PBS apps at http://to.pbs.org/pbsapps.
Find PBS KIDS apps at http://to.pbs.org/pbskidsapps.
What's New in Version 1.7.6
TV Schedule bug fixes.
PBS must remain.....
I'm prejudiced. I watch PBS programs regularly, more than any other. Commercial television is just that - commercial after commercial after commercial. I support public television with monthly donations, so should you!
The app is manageable overall. One annoyance involves finding regularly aired programs being lumped into one category. The one-off series clutter the "featured" programs and one must hunt repeatedly. Once a program is found, for example, it can be added to a favorites list. However, going back to add more favorites takes you to the very top of the order and the hunting begins again.
Finally, I don't believe all PBS programming is made available. "This Old House" didn't appear until recently, and "Ask This Old House" hasn't been located.
You will find other major programs such as Nature, Frontline, and Nova.
PBS is the only network outside of a few big cable ones to have a FUNCTIONAL, CONSISTENT, CONSTANTLY UP TO DATE, SEAMLESS APP offering BOTH reminders & missed episodes. Many of us grew up on PBS, & as adults we know PBS offers a unique voice; worthwhile, balanced, & wondrous content giving us the glimpse into daily human life which balances perspective. This app is not only an absolute thing of simplistic, functional, basic beauty, but continued proof of why the network is worthy, relevant & well deserving of viewer respect & support. NOTE: This is a True review of a fan, not an employee
Great app! Except when it crashes.
I love the PBS app and use it regularly to watch truly great programming. Unfortunately, since the newest version came out, it crashes whenever I try to select the "show" section to see the list of all shows you can view in the app. So I can only select things from the "Featured" or "Favorites" sections. Even more annoying, the "Give Feedback" link in the app and the "App Support" and "Report a Problem" links here in iTunes don't lead to either of those things. They lead to the PBS Digital Store Home page, where I can download other PBS apps. There is no way to give feedback or get support that I can see. I would happily upgrade my rating to 5 stars if these bugs were fixed.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 29, 2014
- Version: 1.7.6
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © 2012 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.