PBS for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch the most popular programs from PBS, including Nature, NOVA, and Masterpiece. "PBS for iPad" features thousands of full-length videos from your favorite PBS programs and local stations; new videos are added daily.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of hundreds of videos from both new programs and from the PBS archives. Find these top programs and more:
* PBS primetime programs: Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, History Detectives, Masterpiece, Nature, Need to Know, Nova, Secrets of the Dead, and more.
* PBS NewsHour segments.
* Austin City Limits song performances.
* Special clips and full-length episodes from the PBS special CIRCUS.
* Original online series, including Nova ScienceNOW’s “Secret Life of Scientists” and “FutureStates” from INDEPENDENT LENS.
* Sign-in and enjoy new cross-device features! Your playback history is now synced across devices.
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs.
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon.
* Learn more about PBS programs and specific episodes.
* Bookmark favorite programs and episodes for easy retrieval.
* Share videos with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email.
* Purchase episodes and seasons that you’d like to own.
MORE FROM PBS
Find more PBS apps at http://to.pbs.org/pbsapps.
Find PBS KIDS apps at http://to.pbs.org/pbskidsapps.
What's New in Version 1.7.8
Fixed remaining crash issues.
The PBS app is perfection itself. I only wish that the sound quality of my iPad was up to this perfection. Thank you PBS. I've recently upped my donation because PBS is what I watch most of the time (with the exception of many of your fundraisers). Without PBS in my life, it would be very dull indeed.
I love this app and the Explorer app. Especially if I have missed a program that I'd planned to see. Thank you so much
PBS: the app
The new update to the app finally seems to work! The few glitches are mostly minor at last. It was really almost unusable over the last months. Surely it was a headache for public broadcasting and good news to have progress.
It's so great to see it functional because we love the content and the cause. The buggy app has been in the way for too long and, hopefully, we can be now become more engaged in PBS again.
This app works so much better than the fussy PBS website. We love many PBS shows and we were so frustrated at when the website wouldn't work properly so we could enjoy them. Now my wife and I get close on the couch and hold the iPad and enjoy!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 1.7.8
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © 2014 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.