By Luke Zbihlyj
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The hit game arrives on your iPhone/iPod Touch! Now you can take the action with you anywhere!
This retro-styled arcade game will keep you jumping and your fingers twitching as you compete for the best distance while trying to keep Hurdle Turtle from wiping out on a zany hurdles course! For this turtle, it's all about pure speed and sweet spin jumps!
//- Rated 4 out of 5 stars by TouchArcade.com & iViewApps.com!
//- Showcased on FreeAppReport.com & TouchArcade.com!
//- Game Features:
- Addictive arcade gameplay!
- Old school 8-bit graphics!
- 11 unique turtles to choose from, and
- 3 adrenaline pumping levels to race in!
- Real-time multiplayer via Game Center!
- A banging chiptune soundtrack!
//- Features exclusive to the iPhone/iPod Touch version:
- OpenFeint and Game Center Global Highscores!
- Intuitive touch controls (with lefty/righty option)
"Slow and steady wins the race?" That's for chumps!
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Did we scare you? For more Hallowe'en thrills and chills, we've added The Classic 'Ween Pack.. for free! Included are four brand new turtles, featuring some favorite spooOOOooky Hallowe'en haunts!
All new turtles come unlocked and ready to go - all through the darkest, stormiest nights!
this WAS my favorite iphone game, until one of the updates. maybe the update from 3gs to 4/4s retina is to blame, and now it's seemingly become an entirely different game. the joystick is now uselessly difficult to move. it's like it's way too loose and not sensitive enough. once i get to around 200m, the brick walls start killing me because the joystick is so unresponsive it takes about 1 full second to move your turtle from the top to the bottom of the screen = you will die at 200m. since the update that ruined the joystick, this has become a waste of 99 cents.
A pure masterpiece
When I had first bought the app, I was a little suspicious, but after playing it, I found myself extremely addicted. The music is good, the 8-bit style is purely nostalgic, and the gameplay is smooth. An amazing buy!
I really love the game. But can you please update it for iPhone 5.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 28, 2012
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Luke Zbihlyj
- Game code © 2010 Luke Zbihlyj. All art, characters, sound effects, and gameplay elements of Hurdle Turtle as well as the Hurdle Turtle logo, and the Holmade Games logo © 2010 Adam Holmes cob as Holmade Games.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.