By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, and even Korg's Kaoss Pad technology. Plus, you can share your songs online via the SoundCloud!
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad. It consists of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with the patching capability, plus a 16-step analog sequencer based on the Korg SQ-10, a six-part drum machine which can create drum parts by simply tapping the buttons, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad, consisting of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with patching capability, a 16-step analog sequencer based on Korg's SQ-10, a six-part drum machine with dedicated pads, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
In addition, iMS-20 offers dual Kaoss Pads allowing you to generate music by simply stroking the pad and moving your fingers over it. Experiment to come up with wild musical phrase! And with access to the SoundCloud audio platform*, you can publish your songs, or collaborate on ideas with people anywhere in the world from within the app!
• MS-20 monophonic synthesizer : 1 unit
• Analog sequencer : 1 unit
• 6-part drum machine : 1 unit
• Mixer : 1 unit
• Song/Pattern composer : 1 unit
MS-20 monophonic synthesizer:
• Analog modeling synthesizer (MS-20 modeled by “CMT” Component Modeling Technology)
• 2VCO / 2VCF / 1VCA / 2EG / Patch Panel
• Additional functions : Modulation Key/Tempo Sync
• Insert effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• 16-step analog sequencer
• Control notes, volume, pan, parameters, and voltages via knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types)
• Trigger out per channel or step position
6-part drum machine:
• 6-part/16-step drum machine
• Create sounds by sampling a single note from a built-in MS-20
• Controllable notes, volume and pan by knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types) per a part
• 7-channel mixer
• Double needle meter indicates VU level
• Master effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• Compose a song or select a pattern, built-in mixer
• 16 patterns and 256 bars per a song
• Tempo setting (20-300 BPM) and Swing function
• 14 types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Chorus/Flanger, Equalizer, Compressor, Tube Simulator (Valve Force), Low-Pass Filter, High-Pass Filter, Band-Pass Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Grain Shifter
• Keyboard : Variable width (22, 26, or 29 keys)
• Kaoss Pad : 2 units
- Performance pad : Key/Scale (31 types) settings
- Parameter control pad : X-Y axis parameter settings
• Audio export function (Bouncing a song or pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud audio platform
• Various template patterns by music genre are included
• Various template sounds by sound category are included
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 1.6.3
- Fixed a crash issue during startup in iOS 7.
- Fixed a compatibility issue when using KORG Native Mode in iOS 6 or later.
- A few bugs have also been addressed.
This app is the bomb!
This app was my introduction to the world of synths, sequencers and drum machines. It's spare, retro minimalist visual interface is starkly beautiful and amazingly functional. The tone is rich and gorgeous. The built-in effects sound fantastic and allow to create some incredible soundscapes. I will say that learning to control the power of this app takes time… but iMS-20 will reward you for your efforts. After almost 3 years of continual use, I am still discovering new techniques. I have learned so much from using this app and the music I've been able to create is beyond what I though I could do. I highly recommend the iMS-20 by KORG!
My first real synth!
Wow, what a ride has been with this app! I bought it years ago at full price, and still is completely worth it.
The possibilities are staggering with the patch bay and the sequencer from just a monophonic synth.
I have made lots of songs and sounds in it and keeps meeting my expectations of what high caliber synth should be.
This thing is a legend, no wonder it is being reissued as the MS-20 mini it is that good!
I Love it! And idea for a new feature would be to enable typing in for values because the little knobs are hard to turn and get an exact number for example getting the BPM to be exactly 130 is difficult.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 18, 2013
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 44.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2010-2013 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.