By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, and even Korg's Kaoss Pad technology. Plus, you can share your songs online via the SoundCloud!
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad. It consists of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with the patching capability, plus a 16-step analog sequencer based on the Korg SQ-10, a six-part drum machine which can create drum parts by simply tapping the buttons, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
In addition, iMS-20 offers dual Kaoss Pads allowing you to generate music by simply stroking the pad and moving your fingers over it. Experiment to come up with wild musical phrase! And with access to the SoundCloud audio platform*, you can publish your songs, or collaborate on ideas with people anywhere in the world from within the app!
• MS-20 monophonic synthesizer : 1 unit
• Analog sequencer : 1 unit
• 6-part drum machine : 1 unit
• Mixer : 1 unit
• Song/Pattern composer : 1 unit
MS-20 monophonic synthesizer:
• Analog modeling synthesizer (MS-20 modeled by “CMT” Component Modeling Technology)
• 2VCO / 2VCF / 1VCA / 2EG / Patch Panel
• Additional functions : Modulation Key/Tempo Sync
• Insert effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• 16-step analog sequencer
• Control notes, volume, pan, parameters, and voltages via knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types)
• Trigger out per channel or step position
6-part drum machine:
• 6-part/16-step drum machine
• Create sounds by sampling a single note from a built-in MS-20
• Controllable notes, volume and pan by knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types) per a part
• 7-channel mixer
• Double needle meter indicates VU level
• Master effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• Compose a song or select a pattern, built-in mixer
• 16 patterns and 256 bars per a song
• Tempo setting (20-300 BPM) and Swing function
• 14 types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Chorus/Flanger, Equalizer, Compressor, Tube Simulator (Valve Force), Low-Pass Filter, High-Pass Filter, Band-Pass Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Grain Shifter
• Keyboard : Variable width (22, 26, or 29 keys)
• Kaoss Pad : 2 units
- Performance pad : Key/Scale (31 types) settings
- Parameter control pad : X-Y axis parameter settings
• Audio export function (Bouncing a song or pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud audio platform
• Various template patterns by music genre are included
• Various template sounds by sound category are included
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 1.6.4
• iOS 8 compatible
• Fixed crash during startup on iOS 8
• Fixed crash when zooming in the edit panels
• Bug fixes and improvements
Best iOS synth out there
I love this synth. I was considering getting the hardware version but thought I'd try this before shelling out the money. The presets are great but the real fun comes with making your own and experimenting. There is definitely a learning curve and it certainly helps to know what the knobs and patches are for but, you'll figure it out just tweeting around. People have things to say about Korgs pricing and whatnot but the fact of the matter is its worth every penny. Amazing sound and endless modulation are what this app is all about.
Tired of waiting for iOS 8 compatibility...was
Two weeks and counting...deleting this once fun and great sounding synth that has now become an expensive waste of space. This lack of consumer support has kicked Korg off my hardware wish list as well. Lots of better tools out there anyway. So long, Korg!
Okay, soooo glad this is back up and running, but still have hard feelings. I had to really scramble to program other apps to replace this while it was down, so only giving 3 stars for this fantastic sounding synth and musical tool; maybe time will help me forget being jilted for so long.
Sitting in my personal studio, surrounded by analog and digital hardware yet, I'm reaching for the iMS20 at every turn. This synth has a character of its own that makes it a fundamental tool for someone like me who needs something new and exciting when sculpting sounds.
Will not disappoint.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 06, 2014
- Version: 1.6.4
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: KORG INC.
- © 2010-2014 KORG INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.