The Washington Post Classic for iPad
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy every story, feature and insight from The Washington Post with our classic app for iPad.
Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, PLUS complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Enjoy a digital replica of each day’s print edition, down to every photo and special insert. Get fresh perspectives on the world from Post bloggers. Read stories wherever you are with convenient offline reading. This app brings you everything daily Washington Post readers enjoy—along with extra benefits for added mobile convenience.
▪ D.C. METRO NEWS: Learn what’s going on in the nation’s capital with stories about D.C. and the surrounding metro area.
▪ PRINT EDITION: Flip through The Washington Post right on your iPad with our digital replica of each day’s print newspaper.
▪ TOP HEADLINES: Quickly browse the day’s top headlines and read the full story—with just a tap of the finger.
▪ LIVE: Keep up with breaking events with liveblog updates, and watch the news happen with Live Video.
▪ BLOGS: Find out what The Post’s most insightful bloggers have to say about everything from politics to sports to pop culture.
▪ OFFLINE READING: Save your must-read articles to “My Post” for offline reading when it’s convenient for you.
▪ OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
▪ EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The All-New Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
▪ PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
▪ AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
▪ TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
Questions? Comments? Please let us know at iPadClassic@washpost.com.
What's New in Version 3.9.3
This update improves how we send and receive breaking news alerts, as well as fixes an issue where the app's size bloats for some users.
For questions, comments, or feature requests, please email iPadClassic@washpost.com.
Overall the App is very good for a newspaper. Too often though it can be very squirrelly, blacking out sections of a page, then blacking out the whole page or even shutting down the App and forcing you to re-launch it. Sometime this will repeat on a page multiple times, forcing you to move on to another section to be able to continue to read the paper. When a portion of the page blacks out you have to swipe the page forward or backward to the previous or next page and then back to the page you want to read in order to get it to remain steady. It most often occurs when you enlarge the print of a story to read it.
I moved from the DMV last year to a more remote area at the beach. The trade is local news broadcasts and supermarket papers. Yikes! 45 years of reading the paper(s) in DC cannot be just shut down. Fortunately I still have WAPO on the tablet for my national and "local" news. WAPO itself still has work to do as a paper, but the app functions really well. It's easy to navigate and turns/swipes quickly and cleanly. It provides links in story that are mostly well related and timely. My main negative are the links to photographs-especially in sports-are too archival. I do not need to see photos that are 10-12 years old over and over again.
It's become a great habit
This app has developed and improved to the point I now, to my surprise, prefer it to reading the actual paper. It's easy to pinch and zoom or select an article either way works well. It presents the latest addition and they do a good job of providing active links. I travel extensively and like being able to take my paper with me. Strongly recommend.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 26, 2016
- Version: 3.9.3
- Size: 54.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99