The Washington Post for iPad
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now in Newsstand! ***
The new Washington Post for iPad app includes all the features you’ve been asking for:
* Catch up on the latest news and explore rich multimedia in our digital edition.
* Get the print edition automatically delivered to your iPad each morning.
* Browse more than 40 comic strips.
* See hot topics using The Forum, our real-time Twitter tool.
* Find the latest posts from our blogs.
* Read on the go — whether or not you have an Internet connection.
Please enjoy complimentary content items each month. For more in-depth use, please purchase our monthly subscription for $14.99 – the first month is free!
*** Once installed, you will find this application in the Newsstand folder on the iPad home screen. The icon will appear like the image of your daily newspaper. ***
What's New in Version 2.3.5
Bug fixes, including a crash affecting some users.
I subscribe, but I still get advertisements! Which way to swipe?
1. I get a Google ad across the bottom of my iPad screen. I checked with WP, they said that is not changeable. That's unsatisfactory to a paid subscriber.
2. There doesn't seem to be any consistency, among the various sections, on whether to swipe horizontally or vertically.
Beautiful, fluid and easy to use design. I'd love to see a section to sort videos into their own section. I'm also not sure why, despite paying for a subscription, the big advertisement banners still appear. Seems very backwards.
I like the app but it takes up so much memory I frequently delete it and re download it. It uses close to a Gb of memory vs 100k for NYT APP
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 2.3.5
- Size: 45.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99