By Recharge Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Dolphin Play, your fun world under the sea where you can care for and play with dolphins and other creatures. Dolphin Play showcases the highly intelligent and playful nature of dolphins that you’ll be amazed to encounter.
- Choose from 72 different creatures including 5 dolphin species and 67 fish
- Raise and play with creatures to advance through 44 initial levels
- Buy, sell, feed, and play with all creatures for coins and XP
- Special dolphin training game where you control the dolphin and increase their skills
- Choose from multiple tanks, 73 decorations, 48 plants, and 66 backgrounds to personalize your aquarium experience
- Tools to simplify your management of multiple aquariums including: inventory of waiting events, sell all adult fish, sell tank, and dragging items between tanks
You must have internet access to play.
"there’s never been a better time to own a virtual aquarium."
"if you are looking for a calming and relaxing game this is brilliant"
Source: The Smartphone App Review
NOTICE: ALTHOUGH THIS APPLICATION “APP”, IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY, EXTRA CREDITS AVAILABLE FOR GAME PLAY MAY REQUIRE YOU TO MAKE A MONEY PAYMENT TO US. PAYMENTS ARE HANDLED BY APPLE AND ARE CHARGED TO YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT. IF YOU MADE AN INADVERTENT PURCHASE, INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING A REFUND CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://RECHARGESTUDIOS.COM/SUPPORT/REFUND-PROCESS.HTML. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US AT SUPPORT@RECHARGESTUDIOS.COM.
What's New in Version 1.5
This is version 1.5. This includes bug fixes for the following:
1. Training Dolphins – a bug caused dolphins to lose their training progress when re-opening the app. The issue has been corrected in version 1.5.
2. Renaming Creatures – the app would not save the names of creatures after exiting and re-opening the app. The names would change back to the default names. The issue has been corrected in version 1.5.
Rating for 5 gems but the app seems cute so far.
🌟incentives to keep coming back
💣(Probably hurting app the most) No pictures! The app description shows NO in-game screens. It shows the static loading screen art. I was tempted not to even get the app at first because I didn't know what it looked like.
💣Requiring users spend gems for certain quests. It seems like they've been easy to earn up to now, but I refuse to spend money on gems, and with the amount of quests that have required them I fear they will have to be bought in the future. (I.E. all goals should be achievable without spending money)
Upon entering the game you are greeted by a tutorial, but it doesn't take long to get lost (I lost it after buying my first creature). Many things simply remain unexplained (particularly the quests window, lower left-hand button, the cross-breeding building, and whatever cage-rating is.)
💣Bug: Leaderboard: if you enter the Global Leaderboard on 3G, it lists a whole bunch of player IDs who haven't even begun playing! Upon entering in Wi-Fi, it appears to show the bottom ranked first. Quite odd. Also friends Leaderboard shows yourself.
Overall a pretty good app, could use some further development. Review may change in the future.
My four year old daughter and I love playing this game together. She enjoys the responsibility of feeding the fish before they starve, cleaning the tank, training the dolphins AND renaming ALL of them HER name, Aubrey. We love the graphics and slowly building our aquarium. This game is so much fun, it pains me to say anything negative about it. But there was a hitch, every time we'd establish 2 tanks full of fish , the first original tank would vanish into thin air. Reporting the problem was futile. I followed 'Supports' instructions to load App store and download the upgraded version. So I did just that, again it helped nothing. Then the game would not load at ALL! I was still receiving alerts - Fish need food soon or they'll starve to death. It was maddening and sad, that the game would not play and how distraught Aubrey would get, knowing her fish were dying. In conclusion, we deleted the Dolphin game then re- installed it. It's only been a few hours to see if this plays out. We really enjoy this game, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.
So far so good
I've only had this game for about 24 hours, in which I've only had the chance to play once, but in that first experience, I think I already got an idea of what the entire game is about (now given that I didn't read the app description - it was only downloaded to receive a reward for another game) - buy fish, decorations, backgrounds and whatever else, feed them, clean tank and sell them at maturity. I didn't see any goals or missions to complete, but I'm not going to give up hope yet - I'm going to go read that description and try playing the game again.
Also, "playing with the fish and/dolphins" didn't appear to be all that amusing or fun; didn't see much point to it...
***Again, this review is based on a one-time experience, no previous (before entering the game for first time) overview or description knowledge of the game, so I do apologize if I am misleading in any way. 😊
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 28, 2011
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Recharge Studios, LLC
- ©2011 Recharge Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pack of 80 Dolphin $$3.99
- Pack of 60 Dolphin $$2.99
- Pack of 40,000 Coins$3.99
- Pack of 210 Dolphin $$9.99
- Pack of 30,000 Coins$2.99
- Pack of 105,000 Coins$9.99
- Pack of 800 Dolphin $$29.99
- Pack of 400,000 Coins$29.99
- Pack of 220,000 Coins$19.99
- Pack of 440 Dolphin $$19.99