Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sketch Club provides not just fantastic tools to create but also motivation and inspiration to keep you going through an integrated online community. You can upload your sketches to let others rate and comment as well as enter daily challenges and fun weekly competitions with fabulous prizes! You can even create speed painting videos with direct uploads to YouTube as well as broadcast your own sketching livestreams! Come see what people are creating at SketchClub.com
Do you like features? Good news, Sketch Club has LOTS of those!! :)
• Fluid multitouch canvas rotate and zoom
• Uncluttered user interface with quick access to optional floating elements behind the canvas
• Floating reference image, quick tool size and opacity controls, and pop up color swatch
• Lots of settings to customize the app to your own unique preferences
• Universal binary you can use on all your iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches and send sketches between
• Tightly integrated online community including a community brush library, backgrounds and coloring templates
• Sketch Club has a unique set of flexible digital brushes, pens, vector tools, old school pixel art, and fun procedural tools!
• Each tool can function in a variety of modes adding to the canvas, restricted to only modify color leaving transparency intact, or erasing
• Brush has 44 built in presets and new brushes can be created from photos, shared via e-mail and downloaded from the Sketch Club community brush library!
• Pen tool has many presets to achieve different styles like calligraphy, fountain pen, and velocity or pressure based thickness
• Pen and Vector tools have configurable simplification and smoothing system to ensure clean lines with even shaky hands
• Vector tool can create smooth filled shapes, and even gradients
• Smudge tool can smear, blend, and blur with any brush shape you choose
• All tools support freehand drawing as well as line, circle, and square shapes there's even mirroring for symmetric drawings like faces!
• Up to 20 layers with controls for opacity, compositing modes, and common functions like copying and merging
• Layer transform tool to move, resize, rotate, flip and even tile layers
• Layer filters to easily adjust color, perform blurs, achieve cool effects and more!
• Import from your photo library or iTunes file sharing
• Export to e-mail in JPG, PNG (with or without transparency), PSD and native .sketchClub formats
• Also sending to Facebook, iTunes file sharing, Dropbox, photo library and AirPrint printers
• Load sketches, custom brushes, and pen or procedural presets directly from Mail app into Sketch Club
• Tight integration with SketchClub.com online community
• Daily challenges so you always have fun fresh ideas (there's even a fun idea generator!)
• Weekly competitions with prizes like gift cards, art books, styluses, shirts, and even iPads!
• Live stream and chat directly from within Sketch Club as you draw!
• Library of shared community templates and brushes directly in the app
• Learn from other artists through tutorials, speed painting videos, and live stream classes
• Become fans of other artists and grow your own fan base as you develop your skills
• Forums, chat, and realtime collaborative drawing on the community whiteboard
• Push notifications for activity on your sketches. Find out right away when people comment on your sketches, give them hearts, and when your sketches win in competitions!
• Be inspired by over 400,000 works of art all created on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch!
iPhone screenshots by Macsorro, Unihorse, Terra€otta, Jrmjesus and Shadoweddimples
iPhone 5 screenshots by Macsorro, Unihorse, and Koban
iPad screenshots by Vermeer, Monkeyjess, Roberto Rendón, Pastor Bob, and
Fae By McKay (featuring her co op with Abbey-Gray)
What's New in Version 1.19.1
Happy Holidays everyone! Got some fresh bug fixes and a few bonus features for ya!
• Uploading sketches and brushes to the community uses new improved UI!
• Fullscreen widget! Zoom out canvas and tap icon in upper right to hide toolbar and status bar.
• You can now export in different file formats to Dropbox by specifying the extension for the format you'd like (.jpg, .png, .psd, .sketchClub)
• New white app backgrounds can be found in Settings
• Fixed issues with Smudge tool on the iPad Air
• Fixed layer count for retina canvases on iPad 2 and iPad Mini
• Fixed orientation issue with some brushes in landscape mode
• Fixed issue with brush thumbnails on iOS5
• Fixed issue with push notifications on iOS7
• Misc other bug fixes
As a new person to digital art I started adding art apps to my iPhone in May 2013. I spent literally hundreds of dollars trying to find an app to work properly!! After getting a new app I'd try to use it and discover that I had to buy the tools inside the app(in app purchasing)!!
Or, the app didn't do half of what it boasted that it could do! I could go on and on... So, then I found... SC (SketchClub)! To my surprise, it was the LEAST EXPENSIVE and most complete and user friendly app I've found to date!
The app is amazing! The tools, the format, the capability of the tools and the broad range of activities available to the users. It's the one app you'll be happy you purchased. I use the app and it's so easy my 11 yr old can use it as well. It doesn't matter if you're a beginner or a seasoned artist, you can learn quickly how to manipulate the tools and get results you'll be proud of. There are so many facets to this app...from the drawing and posting in the community, to forums, classes, tutorials, competitions and more... You'll love SketchClub!! Hope you'll check it out, know you'll love it!!! If you're looking to improve your ability and make wonderful friends along the way...come on over and check it out...you won't be sorry!!! If you're already a great artist- come and share your knowledge and talent with other artists who will appreciate you being part of the community!!!
i rarely give an app 5 stars!!! stop searching...
first thing you'll notice right here and now is that there are no lousy reviews of this app!!
SC is your new best art app! the tools are so inspiring and well done! the layout is clean and intuitive... it's just an awesome art app, but what makes it the BEST art app imho is the community! the competitions (or compos, as they're called) are fun as are the voting, classes and daily challenges that give your muse a cup of coffee... you'll develop friendships with us in the chat rooms and you can even host a live stream so we can watch you do your thang! :) everyone is so encouraging, diverse, talented, sharing and friendly!
will this app do everything an art app can do? almost, but not yet, but the dev, blackpawn, is in that chat room every day listening to and asking for suggestions on how to make sketchclub an even better experience for you, the artist, and you, the SC member!! and you'll come to see us as your friends too!
i used to be happy enough with posting my art on facebook and having a few friends "like" it, but SC is a whole 'nuther animal! you get likes, and comments, and points (called glops) and hearts, and featured posts, and contests, and prizes and friends who GET the art thing... lol! we get you!
look, spend the money! come and play and make friends and grow as an artist!
Simply the best app there is for artists on the IPad
There are a lot of good apps for drawing on the iPad, but this is the one that has it all. Sketch Club has a comprehensive collection of tools, ranging from the very simple to the very complex. If you are a beginner at making art on an iPad, its easy to get started and there is lots of room to grow. If you are an accomplished digital artist already, you will find everything you need from basic drawing tools and a vast array of brushes, to efficient and manipulable vector tools and a wide array of layer effects.
The designers thought of everything here. Zooming in and rotating images is dead simple, and almost obnoxiously useful. There are lots of options for saving images, from a simple .png saves to your camera roll to full size Photoshop files. Its easy to move files off the iPad to work on a laptop, then to reload and continue working them in SketchClub.
You have great options for importing images for tracing or incorporation into your own designs.
There is also an easy upload option that allows you to post images in the online Sketch Club forum, where there is a vital, supportive and inspiring community of artists and techies who will challenge you with comps and features.
If you want to make great art on your iPad, this is the one app you should get.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 13, 2013
- Version: 1.19.1
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Jim Scott
- © 2013 Sketch Club
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.