By The Omni Group
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to OmniOutliner 4, an amazingly flexible yet lightweight program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Use OmniOutliner’s document structure to brainstorm new ideas, drill out specifics, and construct a beautiful document for sharing. It’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system at your disposal. It’s perfect for drafting a simple to-do list, creating an agenda for a meeting, taking notes at said meeting, planning events, writing anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
OmniOutliner Pro is the professional edition of OmniOutliner; a standard edition is also available with fewer advanced features at a lower price. (See below for a list of the features exclusive to Pro.)
• Sync: Keep your documents up to date between Macs or to OmniOutliner for iPad with OmniPresence, our free sync technology.
• Organization: Add structure to your thoughts and notes by creating easy-to-manipulate collapsible outlines (lists of lists of lists).
• Sections: See your whole document structure in the sidebar; just click a section to instantly focus in on it.
• Columns: Use columns to associate different types of information with each item—pop-up lists, checkboxes, numerical values, dates, durations, or rich text.
• Styles: OmniOutliner helps you format on the fly with a rich Styles system designed to give you everything you need to apply style changes—from one word at a time to document-wide. Change once; change everywhere.
• Saved templates and themes: Save your favorite documents as templates; then use them as starting points for new documents or apply their styles to an existing document as a theme.
• Attachments: Insert any kind of file; images and other media appear right inline.
• Audio recording: Capture audio directly into your documents so you can, for example, refer back to the lecture or interview that you’re taking notes on.
• Exporting: OmniOutliner documents can be exported as plain text, rich text, OPML, HTML, and more.
• Column Visibility: Feel free to add as many columns as you like to your document, and show only the ones you really need at the moment.
• Folded editing: OmniOutliner actively collapses the text of all rows except the one you’re editing, so that you can see more of your document at once.
• Advanced styling: Get more control over nerdy details like custom spacing schemes and manual page breaks.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks, automate the things you do over and over, and turn OmniOutliner into a whole new app; you’ll get more done, and with fewer mistakes.
• And more: Show notes in a separate pane, export to Microsoft Word format, and even build your own export plug-ins.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
OmniOutliner Pro 4.0.3 improves performance with long documents, and fixes numerous crashes and bugs.
• Notes — Fixed the issue with notes displayed in-pane disappearing at the start of editing.
• Stability — Fixed multiple crashes related to using the style theming interface.
• Performance — The performance of typing in long documents of certain configurations has been greatly improved. More optimizations are coming but if you have a file that is still performing badly and can share it with us, please send a copy to email@example.com. Thank you!
• Attachments — Edits made to an embedded attachment during the same session as it was attached should now always be saved.
• Attachments — Linked attachments will now immediately appear as a generic file attachment instead of just after reopening the file. We will be looking at improving linked attachment support in future releases.
• Export — When characters are present that can not be represented in the plain text encoding selected, an error message reflecting that will now properly display instead of causing a hang.
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 07, 2014
- Version: 4.0.3
- Size: 40.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2000-2014 The Omni Group
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor