By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and new releases. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your Mac:
• Shop the Kindle Store for over 1,000,000* Kindle books, including New Releases and 107 of 111 New York Times Best Sellers. Over 610,000* of these books are $9.99 or less, including 79 New York Times Best Sellers.
• Start reading immediately with three free books: Pride and Prejudice, Treasure Island, and Aesop’s Fables. Thousands more free classics are available in the Kindle Store.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color and font size.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Select a word to view the definition. Use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply click on either side of the screen or press the arrow keys to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, iPhone, iPad, PC, Android-based device, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7-based device. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
* Selection and price of books in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
What's New in Version 1.11.2
Support for Japan marketplace.
Support for Textbook free trials.
Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.
Close but no Cigar
I use Kindle on my Mac and on my other iOS devices and love the portability it offers me to keep up with my reading. The Mac version is disappointing for a couple of reasons. One, because it doesn't prompt me to Sync to furthest page read (in fact I'm always afraid to Sync the Mac version else it fouls up the sync process across my library and other devices). Another is that on the Mac version, the text highlight offers only one option: yellow; whereas on the iOS apps you have the choice of several colors. I think the desktop version should be more robust and feature-rich vs. the handheld version because of the desktop /laptop's increased computing power, and it's a let down that it is not that way at all. The Mac version is dumbed down, and there hasn't been a major upgrade to it in two years. What's up with that?
As a student, it is imperative that i am able to acess any books! Textbooks, novels, etc. This app makes my life more difficult instead of easier, like it should. I pay to rent these books, and some i cannot acces via the kindle cloud reader, only via my apps. My iphone app works decently, but i would much rather read on my mac than on my iphone screen, and i do not have that option because this app is just that horrible and will not work as it should! it is extremely frustrating when i waste much more time trying to acess my books rather than reading them like i should. I really am not one to complain, but this is absolutely ridiculous. This update has not helped at all.
I can not even acess the register page, and when i was able to acess it at one point, it would crash everytime i logged in.
It Works For Me
It’s interesting and surprising to see all the recent negative reviews as I have not experienced these kind of problems. I downloaded this App some time ago and use it periodically without any issues. I have consistently updated it to the latest version and it’s continued to work fine.