Perfect Diet Tracker
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Mac App Store Easter Special ***
Buy the Perfect Diet Tracker for only $18.99 (rrp $28.95) from the Mac App Store today.
Easy to use and comprehensive diet software designed to help you take control of your weight.
The Perfect Diet Tracker includes access to a large database of over 100,000 food items with no ongoing subscription fees or club memberships.
5***** Macworld Editors Choice.
- Full international support
The app can work in pounds, kilos or stones and accepts user measurements in feet and inches or meters. When adding products you can work with standard serving sizes, grams, ounces, kilos and more. Would you prefer to work with calories or kiloJoules? You decide.
The international food database contains products for countries throughout the world including US, Canada, UK, Europe, Australasia and more. Our database is reviewed by humans to maintain the highest possible degree of accuracy and quality and avoid duplicates.
- Create a personal diet plan
You can let the diet tracker suggest a personal diet plan based on your current situation and the targets you want to achieve or enter your own custom diet plan. The app puts you in control.
- Track what you eat with the food diary
Track your diet adding items you eat or drink to the food diary. With over 100,000 products in the food database adding items using the smart search is quick and easy.
If you cannot find a product with the smart search you can quickly add it using a form specifically designed for the product labelling in your location.
- Let your Mac do the hard work
The app takes care of the calorie counting and exercise tracking for you, monitoring your calorific and nutritional intake. Stay within the targets and you will achieve the weight loss you want.
Carbohydrates, protein, fat, sodium and sugar intake can also monitored automatically so you can check you are maintaining a healthy and balanced diet.
- Multiple users?
No problem and no extra charge. Each user can set a password so other users cannot see what you are eating or currently weigh.
You can use the right click menu to copy items and meals between users so entering meals you have taken together is even faster.
- Add exercise to receive additional calories.
The app includes an extensive list of exercises you can add to the diary to receive calorie credits.
- Work with recipes and groups
The recipe and group feature lets you group ingredients and enter them into your diary, perfect for adding your own home cooked meals.
Insert a whole recipe into your diet or just a fraction (e.g. 1/2 a pie) and the app will calculate the calories for you.
- Smart search
The smart search can use its own internal database or search the internet for additional products. The smart search learns as you use it so the more you use the app the quicker it gets, bringing products you have used before to the top of search results and correcting spelling mistakes to help you find what you are really looking for.
- Reporting and Graphs
You can monitor your progress with the included reports and graphs. If you need to take a report with you, just print it off!
ⓘ Will the diet work for me?
The calculations used by this app work for the vast majority of people. If you are an extreme athlete, or have a very high body mass index ('morbidly obese, category III') the app can still track your diet however it will be unable to suggest a daily calorific allowance. If you fall into either group you should consult your doctor to discuss a suitable calorific allowance and nutritional profile and enter these manually.
ⓘ Product Support
We believe the Perfect Diet Tracker is quite simply the best app of its kind available and want to keep it that way!
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
What's New in Version 3.7.4
- Increased food database to over 100,000 items.
- Interface updates & performance tweaks.
We are constantly working to improve our apps. For any issues or requests please contact us.
A great start
I just downloaded this and right off the bat, it is easy to use. My rating is more like 3.5 stars, here are my pros/cons:
• Not retina-display friendly, which makes it hard to read because of the terrible pixelation.
• The layout is just so-so. Could be much more attractively designed.
• Instead of a big ugly logo in the corner of the dashboard, I would like to be able to post a profile pic - something that would be motivational per the user. For instance, being able to post a current “fat” picture of yourself, or posting an older “thin” picture (target weight?), or even just posting a picture of something healthy and delicious (a bushel of tomatoes), or a picture of someone running - something that reminds the user of why we’re trudging along and to not give up the efforts!
• I like that you an add foods easily, such as what you do with Weight Watchers. The app searches the internet to calculate food. You can also manually enter this in. It’s nice to have both options.
Some other additions I think would be useful:
• The ability to set a reminder alarm (to take a vitamin, exercise, etc)
• A field to enter medications and vitamins with times
• A field to track general health (i.e., sleep log, bowel movements, moods/mental health, sickness, menstration, etc). This is especially helpful for someone who wants to not only lose weight, but improve their health in other arenas related to weight loss and nutrition.
Great app for understanding nutrition and diet
I'm very new to the world of nutrition, and am very happy to have found this app. A major health issue is the motivation for using this app. It allows the tracking of nutritional values for single items and for multiple items in a recipe. I need the awareness of what nutrition is and how it is used to determine a healthy diet. Use of this program promotes a better understanding of nutrition.
I gave this app 4 stars partly because I'm still learning about it and because I've discovered that a couple of nutrition categories are missing (cholesterol and trans fat). I've received assurance from Support that cholesterol will soon be included. Responses by Support were very fast.
The app, even without further improvement, is a valuable asset for planning a healthy diet. I'm thankful for having seen favorable reviews.
The Best I Have Found
I have been using this for 3 months on a daily basis. It is really smart software, and I like how easy it is to add exercise and new foods. If a food is not in the data base, you can add it along with the nutritional information. The "Favorites" feature is reall handy; it knows the foods you eat regularly. It has helped me lose 21 pounds in 3 months, and to become aware of serving sizes and calories in food. I have had no problem with it.