By Kevin Ng
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
✭✭✭✭✭ OS X Lion features including AutoSave, Resume and Full Screen ✭✭✭✭✭
Reached #1 Word Game in the US, UK, Canada and Australia!
Create words as the letters fall down and pile up on the screen. Making long words and using rare letters is a risky strategy, but will score much higher. But watch out, if the letters reach the top of the screen it's Game Over!
Designed to make the most of your Mac, WordCrasher will test your typing skills as well as your word skills to the max. Although faster typists will benefit from using the keyboard, players can also use the mouse to click on letters directly if they prefer.
‣ HD graphics and animation
‣ Recognizes 5 languages - English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
‣ Three difficulty modes, Easy, Medium and Hard to cater for all levels of skill
‣ New INSANITY mode will test even the most battle hardened of touch typists. Seeing the Game Over screen within 15 seconds should not come as a surprise. Not for the faint of heart!
‣ Realistic tactile physics
‣ 6 music tracks
‣ New sound effects
‣ Super smooth 60 frames per second animation
Press Reviews (iPhone / iPod version)
"Word puzzles meet Tetris" - TUAW.com
"One of the most well-made, entertaining, beautiful, and downright awesome word games I’ve ever played. 10/10" - Brickroll.com
"WordCrasher is my newest favorite word game" - iPhone Life
"WordCrasher for iPhone and iPod Touch comes highly recommended to word game enthusiasts everywhere. It is a visual delight and addictive in its play." - AppModo.com
"It’s got killer graphics and animation, recognizes over 65,000 words, works for both iPhone and iPod Touch, and is 100% worth the download!" - SlapApp.com
"We have been hooked and can highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys word games." - SlideToPlay.com
What's New in Version 1.0.5
New OS X Lion features: -
‣ Full-screen. Use the full-screen button or press "Control + Command + F" to toggle fullscreen mode under OS X Lion.
‣ AutoSave and Resume. Close WordCrasher at any time and resume your game right where you left it. Restart your Mac, and WordCrasher will resume straight away.
Still using OS X Snow Leopard? That's OK, WordCrasher is still fully Snow Leopard compatible.
great - but why you change the logo! O_o
Very addicting app, especially after you first purchase it. The fever does, thankfully, wear off a bit over time, however the game still has a lot of replay value as a fun time-waster. I would recommend it, decently priced and very fun. If you like any kind of word game, you'll love this. My only issue is that they changed the icon. Call me a creature of habit but I liked the "W" logo and this "stacked chips" thing just isn't working for me. =P
The most fun I have had in a long time! Highly recommend this game for youngsters and elders! It is exciting and fast moving. Love, love this game.
Really? I played a few levels…Like Steve Martin said in an old stand-up routine, and I paraphrase " How much does it cost to get in to this comedy club? It's still $5? Wow. I was going to throw my five bucks in the street but I can come in here? "
I should have thrown my five in the street...