GasBuddy - Find Cheap Gas Prices
By GasBuddy Organization Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find Cheap Gas Prices
Join the more than 40 million drivers that are saving money every time they fill up by using GasBuddy.
Share gas prices you see to win free gas and help others save money too!
- Find cheapest gas near you
- Find cheapest gas by city/zip/postal code
- Report gas prices to help other people find cheap gas
- Chance of winning $100 of gas every day!
- Earn points for reporting gas prices
- Earn awards for posting gas prices
- Save money every time you fill up at the cheapest stations
- "This app saves me so much it's ridiculous."
- "This app is a no brainer! The accuracy is astounding and WILL save you money. Trust me, you want this app!"
- "I love this app! It helped me find a gas station just a mile from my house that I never knew existed. This app is easy to use and saves you money."
GasBuddy uses gas price information provided by our users to bring drivers together to support the common goal of saving money on gas.
Gas prices only for USA and Canada
Apple Inc. is not a sponsor of the prize give-away.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Tired of seeing fuel types a station may not have? With this update we only show you the available fuel types at a station. See a station that is missing a fuel type? Let us know by editing the station.
There was a time when I really liked this app. I still do simply because of what it does, but every time I "upgrade" to the latest version, I am disappointed and wish I stayed with the old version. This latest version gives the app a new but similar interface. I'll admit, it looks nice. Its very clean and clear and looks quite sharp. However, it is wasteful. There is wasted space everywhere, meaning you have to scroll more to see the same number of gas stations. Often, the font used in the name of the gas station and the price is larger, making this problem even worse. Now when I open the app, I can only see 4 gas prices for stations near me. Worse than that, they will show you that a price is a cash only price, but there is no option to display the credit card price by default. Depending on where on the screen I touch, I can either get info about a gas station or I can change the price of gas there. Did we really need this? My last problem with it is that on the map, the icons for each station are larger, so much larger that its entirely possible that you cant see the dot indicating your current location because it is behind an icon; it also means you see fewer gas stations on the map. I live .4 miles from the closest station, but from home, I cant see the dot showing my location. Please, stop making the app worse and get rid of the excess!
Just a few issues
1) great, now shows alternative fuel E85, e.g., in the station info, BUT not reportable! Why?!
2) when the diesel and premium prices are identical, which they often have been this past year, if you report them both at the same time, the diesel price doesn't enter. You have to go into it again after posting. Then reenter. That may be to avoid errors by posters, but it's a hindrance to accurate, up to date posting. Why not just a friendly pop-up to ask if that was really intended, like the one that pops up when a price seems out of whack?
3) people are posting just one price and keeping themselves "champs" for reporting, sometimes for a year. Why not credit those who are reporting complete price lists, not these lazy drive-by posters who aren't actually helping anyone except those interested solely in Regular prices that anyone with fair eyesight could spot from a block away on their own? It seems like cheating.
Great travel tool
This is a must app if you travel. You can always find the nearest place to get gas and where to get the best prices, etc. We just came back from a long vacation to places we had never been. The places to get gas were not like In our area. They were spread far a part when on the highway and some times it would be 30 to 40 miles in between gas spots. The app never failed us. We could plan our gas fill ups and never have a scare of running out of fuel. I love this app at home, on the road, every where. It is the best and I use it always. Never buy gas without checking with Gasbuddy first. It gets better and better with every upgrade.