Voila: Screen recorder and screen capture tool
By Global Delight Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Introducing Voila 3.7.2, the all-in-one screen capture and recording app, gives you all the tools you need to record, capture, edit, organize and share anything from your Mac or a web page. Easy-to-use and super handy, Voila is perfect for creating dynamic multimedia presentations, tutorials, lectures and more!
• Capture anything and everything on your screen
• Explore a variety of image editing and annotating tools
• Record your desktop in full-screen or in portions
• Seamlessly share captures via FTP, Mail, YouTube, social media and more
• Enjoy shortcuts and other nifty features for quick screen grabbing
• Create “smart collections” with advanced file management and organization tools
Details on Voila’s features and functionality:
Flexible Screen Capture
• Capture multiple regions and windows at the same time
• Capture freehand and scrolling webpage regions
Screen Record Anything
• Record video at any size with no time limitations
• Record audio from your computer or microphone
• Option to remove duplicate frames while recording
• Trim lengthy videos
• Easy export to other movie editing apps
Image Editing, Organizing and Annotation:
• Add text, speech bubbles, photo filters, shapes and more to your images
• Cropping functionality to remove unwanted elements
• Advanced file management tools, including “smart collections”
File Sharing Tools:
• Share to FTP, SFTP, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo and more with just one click
• Upload to Evernote, Dropbox and Tumblr with just one-click
• Integration with Mail, and Airmail client support
• Export to multiple formats
Want to see what else Voila can do? Check out our quick overview video:
App Support: We cannot respond to your comments and feedback on the App Store. If you face any issues with Voila, please email them to email@example.com. We assure you it will be taken care of immediately.
For news, updates, promos and more, follow us @voila_for_mac on Twitter
What's New in Version 3.7.2
- Option to Remove Duplicate Frames During Recording – This option allows for reducing the file size by cutting out unnecessary frames, thus making for crisper videos.
- Pinch Gesture Support for Workbench Images to Instantly Zoom In/Out – Voila now includes support for gestures, applicable to images on the workbench. You can now zoom in and out effortlessly by pinching on the trackpad or Magic Mouse.
- New Dock Menu with Capture and Recording Options – The Voila dock icon now includes options to capture and record instantly! Just right-click and get access to a variety of screen capture options.
- Option To Show/Hide The Mouse Cursor in Recordings – Before initiating a screen recording, you now get to choose if you want the mouse cursor to be seen in recordings.
- Customized Video Trimmer for Mac OS X 10.9 and Later – Voila now allows videos to be directly imported into QuickTime for trimming. Also, the edited video is automatically sent back to Voila directly for easier management.
- Import Files Into Voila By Drag and Drop – Send files directly to voila by dragging and dropping them to the newly redesigned status menu icon.
- FTP & SFTP Improvements – The FTP/SFTP sharing has seen a marked change to make it easier and simpler to use.
- Paint Tool Improvements – The paint tool is now much better and splashes color intelligently across elements in a picture.
- Restore HotKeys Option – You can easily restore your HotKeys to the default settings.
- "Save as" Option for Videos – Videos can now be saved directly by visiting File>Save As and selecting a location.
- File size issues have been fixed.
- The ‘Select all' option now works properly after adding annotations.
- Voila now saves lengthy videos without a hitch.
- Users can now save as documents even if the name contains a dot.
- The send to application option now works even if the name contains dot.
- After selecting the workbench, choosing ‘Copy' now doesn’t crash Voila.
Optimization and Enhancements
- The Voila Player has been updated from QuickTime to AVFoundation.
- Webcam handling is now done using the latest AVFoundation APIs.
- The Voila assistant window has now been built with HUD window.
- Email client support – The latest generic APIs have been used instead of scripts.
- Options have been provided in Voila’s main window as well as in the dock menu to stop recording.
- Voila now lists all accounts during the first launch.
- Upload notifications are now sent through the OS X notification center.
- The Voila helper menu icon has been updated.
- Animated fading out of the recording window to highlight the Voila status menu.
- Certain Voila preference options have been rearranged.
Great when it works, but terribly unstable
The problem with this app is not the design or functionality, those are awesome. This is a beautiful app that when it’s working is a pleasure to use. It’s feature rich, the organizational capabilities are terrific, and it has a beautiful UI.
The problem is that it is poorly coded. I tried leaving it up and running for a week. It crashed every single day, at least once. A few months ago it actually wrote corrupted data to its own library and the app simply stopped loading. Took a week to hear back from their customer support people, which sucked because I had some important screenshots in there I needed to access for a presentation. Finally was able to delete and reload the library and got it launching again, but the crashing problem persists.
It’s a real shame, it’s a beautiful app and if it were stable I would absolutely make it my default screenshot application. But it’s nowhere near stable enough, and it appears from the other reviews here that this issue is not unique to me and my machine, but is a common issue with other users. I would strongly suggest avoiding this app until they remedy this problem, and in my opinion the App Store should remove this application from their store until the devs can demonstrate that it’s a stable, functional application. Right now, it isn’t.
I Had Problems
I just bought Viola. It doesn’t work for me and support couldn't help me. Their suggestions I already had tried. When I try to capture the screen using video to do a demo, it won’t save and I get a disk error. If it is a small video it saves, but not a 10 minute video. I have a MacPro with plenty of disk space and the OS is up to date. It’s odd that it won’t save, but I’m not the only person with this problem. I’ve read online that many people get it.
I switched to Screenflow and it works, but it costs $99 and it doesn’t have a mouse highlighter. If it had a highlighter I would be happy.
This product flat out does not work correctly. I cannot make a screen recording on any device I have tried. The screen recording window just never appears. I got to appear one time, then the product crashed. I have contacted their support twice and have been ignored. I have never been so disappointed by a product on the App Store before. Please Apple, remove this product from the store.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 06, 2014
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Global Delight Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- © 2014, Global Delight
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later