By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Things is now available for Apple Watch. It comes with your purchase of Things for iPhone. ****
UPDATED for OS X YOSEMITE
Things has been updated with a refreshed design, and all-new features including a Today Widget for Notification Center, Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch, and a new “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps.
“Things is a true standout thanks to a great set of features and an interface that makes it a good fit for nearly any level of task management: It’s simple enough to use for the most-basic to-do lists ... but it’s powerful enough to handle a full blown GTD workflow... Things offers a unique combination of ease of use, a great interface, and flexibility that sets it apart from other to-do managers I’ve used.” – Dan Frakes, Macworld, 4½ stars
“Of course, everyone has specific needs and preferences that will steer them toward a particular to-do-list program or another. But Things’ combination of ease of use, great interface, and flexibility make it as close to the ideal Mac to-do app as we’ve seen.” — Macworld
• Apple Design Award - Winner
• Macworld Best of Show Award - Winner
• Macworld Editors’ Choice “Eddy” Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in more than 150 countries
• Featured by Apple in “Best of 2012”
• Featured by Apple in the App Store “Hall of Fame”
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “Better Together - Apps to Connect Mac, iPhone & iPad”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives -- so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Things’ Quick Entry window lets you add new tasks without interrupting your work. And thanks to the amazing Autofill feature, the Quick Entry window can be automatically pre-filled with the currently selected text, along with a link to the email you are reading, the webpage you are currently viewing, or the document you are editing (works with most applications).
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, import Reminders, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.5.4
• Improved stability and bug fixes.
Also check out our latest update for iPhone, which includes an all-new app for Apple Watch. Learn more and see the new video on our website → http://things.watch
I have been using Things on and off since it first came out. I love its elegant user interface and ease of use. I find it great for simple tasks and home use, but for work and managing multiple projects it fails miserably. There are no nested folders or subtasks. There is really no excuse for these glaring deficiencies which persisted over almost 4 years time; there has been no significant improvements in functionality or new features except for syncing through their server (which works well by the way). I keep trying it hoping that the developers have added the essential missing feaatures, but then I get disappointed. I used to be an OmniFocus user, then ditched it for Things because it was not updated for a long time, had boring and dated user interface, and was complicated. I just tested the newer version (2.0) and I really like it. Honetly, Things at this stage is not significantly better than the Reminders app built into OS X, which syncs flawlessly, simple to use, secure, and has a nice clean user interface (and is FREE). I have used Reminders for a while, but I need a higher level of organization (folders, subtasks, ..). Right now, my favorite and most used to do app is 2Do; it is not perfect but is the best there is. I have not deleted Things from my Mac yet, and I keep updating it hoping that one day it will improve.
Good, but needs some serious work
This app is a pretty good to do list manager. You can organize things by projects, areas, scheduled and one-timers. You can even create your own tag system. I liked that once you bought the program it was yours. What I DON’T like is that there’s almost no support for improving this app.
1) It’s inconsistent. A new To Do on the Mac has title, tags, notes, due date. One the app it’s title, notes, then tags, then due date. You seriously couldn’t even make it the same??
2) No recurring events in a Project. This is a major oversight. But the really weird thing is I can make a recurring To Do in a project on the APP, but not the Mac program!! Inconsistent.
Quite frankly, I’ve been thinking about switching to another program, Wunderlist or maybe Nozbe. CultureCode….PLEASE make this app the excellent, proffessional program it can and should be. There should be better support for having paid $50.
Worthless app, no reminders, training videos or manuals & rude customer service
This is absolutely one of the most aweful apps it’s a compleet rip-off.
Look elswhere for GTD app since “Things" is anything but. It’s nothing more than a glorified overhyped note taking app which Apple and National Velociity provide for FREE, not $70.00! As well there are secuity concerns as to their owning your data on the Things Cloud. Customer service, although prompt, is rude and said "sorry if you don’t like it wish you well” no way to get refund.
Just a few of the problems:
1. Not able to set deadlines/reminders, alarms. They stated they never plan on offering this and to just use a calendar/reminder app. So using two apps, jumping into and out of two apps for the same task is how to GTD?
2. Does not offer sub categories to projects which is frustrating causing notes to be scattered that belong within the parent note.
3. They control, own and can look at your data if they so chooose. Why? They could have just as easily used iCloud for syncing with iOS.
4. There are no training videos for this product. Fot this kind of money one would think they would at the very least make is easy for you to learn how to use this backward ap since in some ways it defies common sense. The only videos avaialble are from many years ago.
5. Its never had a meaningful update of anykind. One would think they would consider and address customers comments, thoughts on the app to improve it. Don’t expect anything of the sort in the way of improvements they just want your money and you get what you get.
I could go on with regard to other issues but take my word for it, its truly overpriced junk. I can’t say strongly enough look elsewhere.