By Pixelmator Team
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add to your Photos app. All right from Pixelmator.
The new Pixelmator 3.5 Canyon is designed to cohere with OS X El Capitan’s fresh and modern look, OS X Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive support, and it works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Reshape areas to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Play with over 160 breathtaking effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Apply any of the layer styles presets with a drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• Skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Editing extensions for the Photos app:
• Retouch photos with powerful Pixelmator Retouch Tools right inside the Photos app
• Reshape images with Metal-based Pixelmator Distort Tools without leaving Photos
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
What's New in Version 3.5
Pixelmator 3.5 Canyon brings an incredibly smart Quick Selection tool, a precise yet easy-to-use Magnetic Selection tool, a full set of powerful Pixelmator retouching tools to your Photos app, and more.
• The smart Quick Selection Tool lets you select even the most challenging areas with a single brushstroke.
• The new Magnetic Selection Tool snaps to the edges you trace, so that you can make detailed selections quickly and precisely.
• The new Pixelmator Retouch Extension for Photos adds a full set of powerful retouching tools to your Photos app.
Other improvements and fixes
• On OS X El Capitan, the totally redesigned Stroke effect is now up to 15 times faster and much smoother.
• Thanks to the redesigned Stroke effect, resizing a selection with the Refine Selection dialog is also up to 15 times faster (on OS X El Capitan).
• The outlines that you get when using the Color Selection Tool, Paint Bucket Tool and the Magic Eraser Tool are much smoother and more precise (on OS X El Capitan).
• In the Pixelmator Distort Extension, the brush size now auto-adjusts as you zoom in and out of your image, so it always stays the right size.
• When using the Repair Tool, double-clicking the canvas would resize the document window. Fixed.
• Choosing the Red Eye Tool when editing tiny images made the app quit unexpectedly. We fixed that, too.
• When using the Glass, Vintage, Noise, Rain, Snow, or Sketch effects on layers smaller than the canvas, some pixels at the edges of the layer would be stretched across the empty areas. We fixed this.
• The preview animation shown in the Bar Swipe effect thumbnail was shown at an angle. Fixed.
• While transforming a layer with a shadow, small, grey squares would sometimes appear on the canvas. Not anymore.
• The Column Marquee Tool would sometimes make selections that were 1 pixel wider than they were supposed to be. Now they are pixel-perfect.
• When refining a selection with the Clone Stamp Tool selected, parts of the red selection overlay that marks the non-selected area would sometimes disappear. We fixed this.
• When a text layer was used as an overlay for a clipping mask, converting it into a pixel layer would cause the text to disappear. Fixed.
• Sometimes, the coordinates of a shape layer could get lost and this would make it impossible to save or open the document. Fixed.
• Improved stability when opening PSD files with specific Photoshop text features.
• On OS X 10.9, the Add to iPhoto option was missing from the Share menu. It's back.
• On OS X 10.10, when applying Blur effects to layers that don't fill the entire canvas, some pixels at the edges of the layer would be stretched across the empty areas. Fixed.
• On Mac computers with a Retina Display, the effect preview, which is shown on your image while a Color Adjustment dialog is open, made the image look slightly blurred. Fixed.
• On iMac computers with 4K Retina Displays, when painting with a brush-based tool, moving the brush outside the document window made the screen flicker. We fixed this.
• In the Pixelmator Distort extension, clicking the image before choosing a tool would automatically select the Warp Tool. It now works as it should.
• Other stability improvements.
update ruined it!!!
I have used Pixelmator to create all of my company logos. I have never been more satisfied with an application to create proffessional and eye popping marketing advertisements. I have flawlessley saved all of my files and transfered them to PDF, PSD, and JPEG files several times. I just updated my application, and now every time I save my file as anything other than Pixelmator, it messes with the color and dynamics of the image. The gradients no longer match. the color blends are completely different from the original and I can no longer export files matching anything near the original creation. Highly impressed with the old version, very dissapointed with the update!!!
Whatever you have done to change the color saving properties in the export files you need to rework it. I would gladly change my rating when the program functions with exports the way it used to. As for now, I can no longer use this application or the exported files to promote my marketing with the color being so different from the original after being exported.
Very nice, but the latest update...
It’s a very reliable and perfect program for people who want something similar to photoshop on a Mac, but the latest update, it was good to add the lasso and magnetic tool along with other things fixed and bugs
but for some reason, every time I went to use the fill in paint bucket tool on an area it doesnt fill it in at all, all it does is leave a white rim around the area being filled and even if I had selected it and if I try to fill it out to get rid of the white rim every thing becomes distorted and all the lines are choppy and messed up and are harder to select later, before the update it would fill in very smoothly with no problems and it wouldnt make the lines all choppy and pixelated just larger but never left a white rim you couldnt fix at all no matter what you did unless you took the time to fix it with the brush tool.
I just hope maybe there will be enough similar complaints about this bug I feel becuase I use this program almost every other day so it would be helpful if it got fixed.
I’ve been using Pixelmator for like 5 or 6 years now (sorry for not reviewing sooner) and it’s easily one of the best Mac apps I’ve ever used….in any category. I’m not a graphic designer or anything like that, so Photoshop just seems too expensive and overwhelming for my own needs. When I first purchased the app, I wanted something that would allow me to clean up on family photos after scanning them to my Mac and something that would let me easily tinker around with some basic photo editiing features. Pixelmator gives me exactly what I want/need. I may only use the app several times throughout the year, but I’ve never had any freezing or crashes or any other functionality issues. Absolutely flawless. If your needs are pretty basic and simple like mine and you don’t want to spend big $$ on Photoshop, then you can’t go wrong with Pixelmator.