Fetch is a reliable, full-featured file transfer client for the Macintosh whose interface emphasizes simplicity and ease of use.
Fetch supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS, the most popular file transfer protocols on the Internet for compatibility with thousands of web hosting companies, publishers, pre-press companies, Internet service providers, and more.
Fetch features include:
• Automatic resuming of failed or stalled uploads and downloads
• One-click editing remote files with any application
• Quick Look previews of remote files
• Synchronizing folders using the Mirror command
• Droplet shortcuts for easy uploading
• Automatic support for Zip, Tar, Gzip, StuffIt, and other common file formats
• WebView, which lets you easily view files in your browser and copy web addresses
• Automating repetitive tasks with Automator actions and AppleScript recording
• Extensive online help
• Dutch, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish localizations
• Bonjour support, Unicode file names support, and more
• Fixed a problem with the Edit command on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
• Fixed a problem with copying URLs on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
• Fixed a problem uploading files over TLS to vsFTPd 3.0.3 servers
• Fixed a problem with long mirror operations
• Fixed a -982 font error on Korean systems
• Fixed a problem with BinHex encoding of files without resource forks
Ratings and Reviews
I need updates
When the updates available? It is really good program. but it doesn't work on sierra.
DeFacto FTP client for Mac OS
I've been using Fetch for more than 20 years. It is THE ftp client for Mac OS. A MUST HAVE. It's very simple to use, yet capable of some of the more essoteric FTP settings. It has been a shareware staple and always one of the first apps I install on any new Mac all the way back to the B&W 512K Classic, just glad I don't have to worry about all the MacBinary and Modem garbage from the old days.
Today Kermit and Xmodem options are replaced with SFTP and Kerberos options. AppleSingle, TYPE I, server-2-server, and loads of other features are supported. Oh yeah and Rover is in color now.
Disregard the low ratings, clearly those were folks who were challenged by technology.
Long-time Fetch user
I've been using Fetch for over 3 years. I find it to be extremely intuitive and an excellent FTP client. I use the UI and I also automate different workflows using Apple's Automator, for which Fetch provides several different actions. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.