By Fetch Softworks
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Fetch is a reliable, full-featured file transfer client for the Macintosh whose interface emphasizes simplicity and ease of use.
Fetch supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS, the most popular file transfer protocols on the Internet for compatibility with thousands of web hosting companies, publishers, pre-press companies, Internet service providers, and more.
Fetch features include:
• Automatic resuming of failed or stalled uploads and downloads
• One-click editing remote files with any application
• Quick Look previews of remote files
• Synchronizing folders using the Mirror command
• Droplet shortcuts for easy uploading
• Automatic support for Zip, Tar, Gzip, StuffIt, and other common file formats
• WebView, which lets you easily view files in your browser and copy web addresses
• Automating repetitive tasks with Automator actions and AppleScript recording
• Extensive online help
• Dutch, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish localizations
• Bonjour support, Unicode file names support, and more
What's New in Version 5.7.3
• Fixed a crash connecting to some SFTP servers when the host key has changed
• Fixed a problem with -9807 errors on FTP with TLS/SSL connections
• Fixed a problem with MacBinary uploads to Rumpus and other servers with MacBinary support
• Fixed a problem with mirror downloads not deleting stray files
• Stopped invoking discrete graphics chip on newer MacBook Pros running Mountain Lion to conserve battery power
DeFacto FTP client for Mac OS
I've been using Fetch for more than 20 years. It is THE ftp client for Mac OS. A MUST HAVE. It's very simple to use, yet capable of some of the more essoteric FTP settings. It has been a shareware staple and always one of the first apps I install on any new Mac all the way back to the B&W 512K Classic, just glad I don't have to worry about all the MacBinary and Modem garbage from the old days.
Today Kermit and Xmodem options are replaced with SFTP and Kerberos options. AppleSingle, TYPE I, server-2-server, and loads of other features are supported. Oh yeah and Rover is in color now.
Disregard the low ratings, clearly those were folks who were challenged by technology.
Great FTP app
I have been using this app for more than a year, even the demo one.
Very easy, simple to use.
Really enjoyed it!
Solid FTP app
This has been my FTP app of choice for some time. It's very basic, but gets the job done. I'd like to see retina support, however -- this app has become an eyesore on my new rMBP.