By Hansol Huh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** If you love typography, check out my new iPad app, TypePlay! ***
Type it! Turn your photos into beautiful Typography art!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So then, What about a picture made with a thousand words?
Paint your photos using Fonts instead of oil paints or water colors. You'll see the Fonts are another great materials to paint.
Super ease of use and Clean design!
Just pick any photo from your library, and watch it being made into a masterpiece of typography art! It's really unique, beautiful, and original!
::: Features :::
- Universal app (iPad + iPhone)
- Support for iPhone4 retina display
- Support for all languages
- A number of beautiful fonts
- Text color (Photo, Grey)
- Text grid (3 types)
- Background color
- Save to photos & Email (1024x1024 pixels)
- More & more fonts are coming soon!
Terrific idea that does not fulfill it's promise as a design tool
A good idea from a creative developer. However, this app needs more user controls to be useful or enjoyable for more than a brief time as a novelty. I was expecting it to be as graceful as the enticing TypeDrawing (from the same developer) and was disappointed. I hope that future updates will bring more adjustability. For example, better text size and color adjustments and an ability to control the density of the text that creates the image could lead to more artistically satisfying final results.
A pleasant accidental .99 purchase. I'm looking for a type-text-on-photo app.
So 2 things to the typesetter please:
1. Allow render % adjustable, manipulated by user for final process level. Seems each image has preferred font saturation point some where between 1-100. The best result might be 50%, but gets overwritten to 100% every time.
2. Add on a basic text-type tool for image copy (what I was looking for the 1st place). Let user type simple text overlay like name and number (calling card) in same font theme, or allow original text (pre-rendered) text displayed once on final image, positioned with title heading, justified.
It will be stronger app for adding simple word processing somehow on rendered image. Send your friends semi-hidden 'secret codes' on one-of-kind custom stationary, made from pixilated text. Cleverly both obscure an revealed at the same time.
I love it!
Delivers its promise & exceeded my expectations. You can use this app to "personalize" the photos of people dear to you & turn it into a gift.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Released: Dec 15, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hansol Huh
- © 2010 Hansol Huh
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.