DataVault Password Manager
By Ascendo Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Leading Password Manager for Mac - Advanced Encryption (AES) - List & Folder Views - Automatic Encrypted Backup - Powerful Security Options - Synchronization with DataVault for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch (sold separately) - Integration with Safari, Chrome & Firefox
DataVault Password Manager stores confidential information related to credit cards, bank accounts, logins, memberships, etc. using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), widely recognized as the most powerful technology to secure data.
Ascendo DataVault is a comprehensive password manager which includes unique features such as list and folder views, automatic backup, synchronization with handheld versions (sold separately) and integration with Safari & Firefox to autofill web forms.
Powerful features and an intuitive interface have made DataVault a best-selling password manager for Apple OS.
* * * * * Huge Fan of DataVault!!
“Everything I wanted in a Password manager! It looks great on my iPad, it works great on my Mac! The customer service is amazing!”
* * * * * DataVault is an excellent program from a great company.
“The program is easy to use. The Graphics are nice and simple. Syncing with my I PAD and I Phone was easy. I recommend this program highly.”
* * * * * Fantastic!
I like having all the information I need right at my fingertips no matter where I am. All in all, this is the best password protector app I have used.
> Protects private information to give you peace of mind.
> Delivers value by insuring secure access to confidential data on all your devices.
> Adapts to your needs by providing numerous personalization settings.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the industry standard for protecting confidential data.
- Display items in list or folder view.
- Templates for entering common items such as bank accounts, credit cards & logins. Select from default templates or create your own.
- Web form autofill to login to web sites using Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
- Categories & types to organize items.
- Password generator with settings for length and types of characters.
- Password strength meter.
- Duplicate items for faster entry.
- Security timeout to require login after inactivity delay.
- Maximum login attempts.
- Automatic backups.
- Field masking to shield data from prying eyes.
- Master password hint.
- Synchronization with DataVault for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and other mobile devices (sold separately).
- Synchronization methods include Wi-Fi, Dropbox and Webdav.
- Conflict resolution to manage items edited simultaneously on multiple devices.
- Autofill web forms using Safari, Chrome or Firefox and save web forms directly to DataVault.
- Search settings to select fields, case sensitivity.
- 110 item icons, 90 more with DataVault Premium.
- Import from 1Password, EWallet, SplashID, mSecure, Keepass and other 3rd party applications.
- Import from text files in CSV format.
Incorporated in San Diego California, Ascendo has been a leading software developer since 2002. Over a million users have trusted their confidential information to DataVault Password Manager.
If you have questions or comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, email email@example.com.
If security is important to you, download DataVault today!
What's New in Version 5.1.18
- Implemented advanced security API available in OSX version 10.7 or above. Users of OSX 10.6.x or below should see our support page for options.
- 256bit AES encryption (Premium) using Password-Based Key Derivation Function (PBKDF) and salting to insure the highest level of security offered by any password manager. See Preferences > Advanced > Encryption Level.
- Redesigned 200 item icons embracing trend to flatter user interfaces such as iOS7.
- 90 additional item icons (Premium), bringing total to 200.
- Dropbox Auto-Sync (Premium) to automatically sync with DataVault for iOS.
- Improved plugins for Safari, Chrome and Firefox for automatic logins and form saving.
- Enhanced item detail display to eliminate white space before item notes.
- Added Delete Item to context menu when Control clicking on an item.
- Enhanced password generator randomizer.
- Improved left panel display.
- Improved text menu layout.
- Fixed display issue after adding item.
Premium version is worth it
I was unhappy that I had to buy this program, and buy the iOS version, and then come to find that if you wanted all the features you had to upgrade to “premium” on the Mac version and ALSO the iOS version. But with this Heartbleed bug situation and all the bazillion passwords I have to change and keep track of, I bit the bullet and paid the 2 x $4.99 to upgrade both.
At first I didn’t think it was working, but it is. It syncs just fine between desktop and iOS versions, oddly only managing to do it via Dropbox (icloud doesn’t work between Mac and iOS for some reason) and at full 256bit encryption. So it was worth it, and now I don’t have to worry about it.
I’m sure if you search around though you will probably find a solution that is less money and syncs just fine between all your devices, but I’m also sure that the most attractive and least expensive one is actually produced by a fake company funded by the NSA, who will then secretly collect all your logins and passwords. :-)
This one works and seems very secure… and doesn’t seem likely to be connected to the NSA.
Love the premium version
The transition was just a little confusing but once I got by that, I’m loving the new auto-synch capability in the premium version.
I had made some changes to my desktop version of Datavault before I activated the auto-sync (without having synced them with my IOS devices). I then activated auto-sync and expected the changes that I had made to my desktop version to show up in my IOS devices. But the changes were not recognized. Therefore, I thought something was amiss.
However, I made an additional change to my desktop version and then when I went to my IOS devices, I got the message that a change was made and was prompted as to whether I wanted to update my IOS device. When I responded affirmatively, “all” of the changes that had been made to my desktop device were then synced to my IOS devices.
Now, each change that I make is automatically recognized among my different platforms automatically. Works great.
THE BEST PASSWORD MANGER! Just keeps getting better with each version
I have been using this program since the original version. Each version continues to make things better and easier to use. With the latest sync option where I can sync using various methods, it is awesome. I use Drop Box and it works perferct between my Mac, iPhone and iPad Mini. I could not be happier with how all 3 platforms work together! Also - Marc the owner and developer is incredible to work with. He has always been available to me and listens as well as helps when I have had issues which has been very seldom and my issue not his. The latest improvement was to go to AES-256 Bits Algorithm encryption. The level of security is the best. The price is very reasonable for 9.99 for my mac and then 4.99 for my iPhone. Just want to say that when you buy this you will not regret it one bit as it is the best out there!