Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iPhoto lets you do more than you ever thought possible with your photos, with easy ways to find, sort, and rediscover your favorite shots. Simple but powerful editing tools let you turn good photos into magnificent ones. Share directly to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and Messages. iPhoto also works with iCloud, so the photos you take on your iOS devices automatically appear in iPhoto, and you can share selected photos and videos with family and friends using iCloud Photo Sharing. You can even create professional-quality photo books, calendars and letterpress cards quickly and easily.
iCloud Photo Sharing
• Post photos and videos to other people’s shared photo streams, or create your own streams to share with friends and family
• View and add comments and likes to photos and videos in any shared stream
• My Photo Stream lets you view and automatically import recent photos taken on your iOS devices
• Automatically send newly-imported photos to all your iOS devices using My Photo Stream
• Post to your Timeline or a Facebook photo album and add a comment
• View friends’ photo comments right in iPhoto and post a comment back
• Support for multiple Facebook accounts
Custom Photo Email
• Ten Apple-designed themes
• Support for all popular email services
• Attach photos with one click
• Email sharing history
• Twelve themes including Holiday Mobile, Reflections, and Places
• Places slideshow theme uses location data in your photos
• Themes include instantly recognizable music
• Export directly to iTunes for syncing
Beautiful photo books
• Dynamic, carousel-based theme browser
• Theme preview with your photos
• Change book type, size and color with a click
• Page layouts include two-page, full-bleed spreads, perfect for panoramas
• Beautiful debossed designs imprinted on premium paper
• 31 themes complete with matching envelopes
• Personalize with your photos and text
• Available for a variety of occasions including births, weddings, and the holidays
• Unified photo library for both iPhoto and Aperture (v. 3.3 or later) allows you to easily switch between apps
• Events, Faces, Places, albums and web sharing work across both applications
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Some features and third-party services require Internet access and iCloud; additional fees and terms may apply. iCloud is available to persons age 13 or older.
Third-party services may not be available in all languages or in all countries. Use of these services requires Internet access and may require you to accept additional terms.
What's New in Version 9.5.1
• Fixes an issue that could cause print previews to render incorrectly
• Includes stability and performance improvements
iphoto Maverick fails to integrate into Older OS
With my MacBook Pro in repairs loaded unfortunately with Maverick, I was forced upon my antiquated backup desktop, a macmini, that only allows Snow Leopard. What I learned is that my Maverick iphoto backups WILL NOT INTEGRATE into Snow Leopard. A distressing message reads on Snow Leopard that my iphoto library is of a newer program and cannot be loaded. It then asks a rhetorical question that also does not allow a click to respond, do I want to quit or do I want to set up a new iphoto library. I just wrote that the only click that is allowed despite the question is QUIT. I in fact cannot set up a new iphoto library at all. Iphoto has been rendered useless and I am forced to use a less preferably program picasa. As an amateur graphic artist, I do not have access to a huge iphoto carefully categorized album
No longer work … if you are dependent as I am on FlickrExport (Flickr) and Photobucket group iPhoto integrated uploaders, don’t UPGRADE. None of these 3rd party up loaders install and therefore none of them work. I am having to revert to an old version of Aperture where the third party uploaders still function. I don’t see much difference in the new iphoto and wish I had NEVER upgraded. It was a mistake. Also, having read the comment below (thank you Dag999), I will keep Aperture separate from the ugraded iphoto in order to have FlickrExport etc. functional.
All things considered, where the heck did home sharing go?!
Granted, this app is sketchy in terms of performance and response time; there are times when it will lock up and just take forever to load a photo, oftentimes requiring a force quit. Nonetheless, it seems the app is more frequently usable nowadays, so that should be good...for now.
Here’s my big rub: why in the world did the folks over in Apple software decide to eliminate the overwhelmingly useful “home sharing” feature?!?!?!?!?! Now, I have to dump all my photos from each individual camera/phone onto a single Mac, then I have to either do the same for every computer in the house, or create a single event and export to a flash drive, and THEN import the same into each additional mac in the house. This absolutely stinks, Apple!!! As it stands, there is this terrible reminder in itunes allowing me to home share and keep my libraries in sync. The convenience in itunes just further frustrates me that Apple removed an immensely user friendly feature, and WHY?????!!! So lame, Apple. Please return this feature, PLEASE!!!!
I LOVE IPhoto
I LOVE IPhoto. Have been using since 2010. I have almost 50,000 photos on my computer (from different cameras, phones and cds) and it has been the best way to organize and utilize my photos. I create scrapbooks, cards, business cards etc… As long as you UPDATE your computer when the new operating systems are available you will have no problem. If you don’t update when you are supposed to then yes, you will not have good luck using ANY app. Just update your operating system when you are supposed to. IPhoto is a very, very user friendly program. Just take time to click and look. If you need help there is the HELP at the top of the screen to utilize. Very helpful and easy.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 9.5.1
- Size: 1.15 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later