Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
Share your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Lock Cells and Opt to Show Reference Cells Please
So glad you brought Categories back. Terribly inconvenienced by their absence since iCloud Drive came onboard. I’ve had to continue using Numbers from iWork’09 and reconstruct scores of them after misguidedly moving them from Dropbox to iCloud Drive and then back again after realizing a hidden suffix was added to the filename extension by iCloud (or by Numbers5 ?). This last insult rendered my files unopenable except in Numbers 5, wherein the Categories and their subtotals were unceremoniously deleted. (I don’t know yet whether the ’09 files will now open in one piece in v5.3, will they?). Also helped by your improved import of CSV formatted alphanumeric data. Kudos!
Meanwhile, three features common in other spreadsheet apps I greatly need in Numbers as a power user are to be able to 1) Lock individual or groups of cells; 2) Show Linked Cells, by that I mean being able to Ctl>Click in a cell, for example, to wee what other cell(s) reference it in it's formula. It is an excessive time-waster at best to accidentally overwrite a formula or to invalidate a necessary input to another cell; and 3) Pivot Table, that is to be able to switch Rows to Columns. Very helpful in analyzing downloaded tables from various accounts.
Thank goodness! A spreadsheet I can use!
After spending considerable money on several budgeting apps which turned out to be far too complicated for me to use and which didn’t really fit into my daily work habits, I decided to go into do-it-yourself mode. What I needed was an easy-to-use basic budget where I could get a general overview of my income and expenses as well as keep more detailed records of my expenditures and also make balance sheets for my daily expenses and bank and credit card accounts. Numbers came to the rescue with one of their templates called “Simple Budget"! It took a little bit of doing, as I am no genius and certainly no expert when it comes to accounting and using spreadsheets, but Numbers made it easy for me to organize the information I needed and to make the calculations required as well as transfer information from one sheet to another to keep information consistent over a number of spreadsheets. I was also able to make beautiful pie charts of my expenses as well as color-code my columns and headers. Thank you! Numbers is a beautiful application I now couldn’t live without.
Great visually, needs help technically
I use this to help with my small business. I use it for inventories, food orders etc. It is perfect if I am the only one using it and understand where to put data and where not to. I have made spreadsheets for other business owners and they have all come back with the same complaint. We would like a way to lock/protect specific cells with out having to create multiple seperate table and then lock them individually. While this is an ok option, it is not the most efficient way to do things. If we could get a way to lock/protect specific cells it would make things MUCH easier. All the hard work making the formulas could not be cleared out by a simple mistake from anyone else using the spreadsheet, i.e. my employees. Apple seems to be focusing more on the visual aspects of what you can do with Numbers and not on the people that use Numbers for data collection and manipulation for results that don’t need to be in graphic or any visual form. I LOVE that Numbers is free, if we could just lock/protect individual cells I think it would be perfect!!!
- Apple Inc.
- 197.3 MB
- macOS 10.13 or later
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.