Eat This, Not That! Restaurants
By Rodale Inc. Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the food revolution! Based on the best selling book series, the Eat This, Not That! Restaurant app is the complete no-diet weight-loss solution. Discover thousands of simple food swaps, track calories, and create a personalized weight loss plan. Now you can eat smart, eat healthy, and eat well and still lose all the weight you want. Optimized for your life, use the Eat This, Not That! app behind the wheel at your regular drive-thru window, at the food tables of your favorite chain restaurant, or even in the aisles of your local supermarket!
• Track calories for over 13,000 menu items and 10,000 grocery products
• Calculate calories burned for 230 exercises and activities
• Trust the most accurate formulas available to determine caloric budgets
• Easily adjust calorie budgets to customize your plan
• View calorie information by day and week, so you can see the short
• View your daily calorie budget (consumed, burned off, remaining) on the home screen
• Use the instant add feature to quickly enter calorie and workout info
• The food database updates automatically. No need to re-download to access new and improved content
EAT THIS, NOT THAT! PREMIUM CONTENT
• Discover simple food swaps that'll save you hundreds of calories
• Learn restaurant survival strategies to make the smartest choice every time
• See the best and worst foods in America
• Record and chart your weight loss progress
RESTAURANT SURVIVAL STRATEGIES
• View nutritional grades for over 13,000 adult and kid menu items
• See a summary of the best and worst options for each restaurant
• Put two foods head-to-head to see which is the healthier option
• Can you choose the better food?
*Certain activities on this app may be licensed under one or more claims of U.S. Patent No. 6,585,516.
What's New in Version 1.1
-Sorting added to Menu Item browsing
-General bug fixing
Too bad "new version" removed supermarket guide. Previous owners (like me) have no way of redownloading or even getting this for free. Tried contacting Rodale support but haven't got an answer yet
Yes, it counts calories. But I don't know the serving size of anything. I count Hershey Kissies by the piece. This wants to know how many servings I ate. 9 pieces per serving, I ate 4, no way to accurately divide. I eat 7 left over, take out, chicken wings. How many portions us that? And you cannot get that far until you decode the "official" name of the product - buffalo wings. Had some peanut butter on my apple slices. Overestimated the amount of peanut butter, now I cannot go back and edit down my snack size. No ability to do a "what if?" So if I have two snack choices, I cannot see the calorie count before I make a decision.
Keeping a food log is not easy on paper. They writers have done a terrific job including (seemingly) all the choices from so many restaurants and groceries. This can make keeping a log easier to do. And provides instant gratification on seeing where you are on your daily goals. I especially like seeing my calorie credits show up after I exercise.
This review was written after less than one day of use.
I expected this app tone able to be used when I'm out at a restaurant needing to make a decision about what to eat. It fails at that.
The calorie counter is mediocre at best. As others have said, the Loseit.com app is much better.
Technically, this app is a memory hog. Judging by he folks reporting the crashes, my experience with crashes, and the fact I don't see any network traffic when looking up foods, I would say the developers have the entire database on my phone and that they are loading a large part, if not the whole thing into RAM every time I run the app. That will cause the crashes if I don't close ALL other apps on my phone. Also, on 8Gb phones, I can imagine it not working at all.
From a practical perspective, having all the food data locally means I'm never using the most up-to-date information. Example: I go to a restaurant and they have items that aren't in the database or the nutritional data has changed because they restaurant has changed their recipe for the better/worse.
I would pass on this one.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 17, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rodale Inc. Digital
- © Rodale, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.