VBB "Bus & Train" app: Route planner and tickets for all public transport in Berlin and Brandenburg.
Please note: The menu can be accessed through the VBB app by swiping from left to right.
- Home: Route planner and mobile phone ticket can be used immediately
- Connection information for all services regarding regional transport, commuter trains, underground, trams, buses and ferries throughout the entire Berlin-Brandenburg network area
- Real-time data from almost all transport companies in Berlin and Brandenburg
- On time: Departure times at stops/stations with the possibility to adjust the display
- Connections/routes can be added to your calendar or shared with friends via text message, email, Twitter, Facebook and WhatsApp
- Network plans: once downloaded, they are also available offline
Handyticket (mobile phone ticket)
- Short-journey tickets, single tickets, day passes, small-group day tickets for the entire network area of Berlin and Brandenburg; in Berlin are also 4-journey tickets available as well as tickets for tourists (WelcomeCard CityTourCard)
- Payment by direct debit or credit card
- Prepaid payment without providing personal data information
- Registration for customer account e.g. for receipt processing requests
- For occasional users and tourists, purchase by credit card without registration
- Use of the VBB account in the “Handyticket-Deutschland-App” for purchasing tickets to use in many other regions within Germany
- To use the mobile phone ticket, iOS 7.0 or later is required.
Access rights: exclusively for features within the app
- Contacts: take over the addresses from your own contacts to the start/destination search (e.g. search for girlfriend Petra by typing "Petra")
- Calendar: Enter the found searches into your own calendar as an appointment reminder
- Tracking: Displays the nearest stop/station for the search for transport links, or the boarding stop/station associated with the mobile phone ticket (Handyticket)
Please help us improve this app by sending suggestions and comments to info@VBB.de.
Correction: purchase by credit card
Ratings and Reviews
Can't buy ticket
There is a function to buy an online ticket but it doesn't work. When you click purchase the app just infinitely loads. Better off using the DB app.
The best BVG app right now
Best app on the store at the moment. It's got all the functions that Fahrinfo lost with its latest update.
You can search by address, click for earlier or later results, you can see departure times by station (extremely useful with buses since they almost always don't stick to the regular schedule), all maps are there, u-sbahn, tram, 24h, potsdam. Walking maps are there as well.
And it even has some improvements over the Fahrinfo app, for example the departure times also show the real departure time right beneath with green/yellow/red fonts depending on the delay; and you can see the complete itinerary with all the stations you'll be passing by so you can make sure you are on the right track.
Only things they could improve: add the "graph" view so you see all the itineraries side by side by time and not just as a list. And add the stations maps, so you know where the h the TXL or 200 bus depart from at Alex or at the Hauptbahnhof, if Fahrinfo updates and brings back that functionality I might go back to them.
But all in all, best app so far! I might even stick with it even if Fahrinfo updates...unless they being back the station maps...then that'd be a dealsealer.
Love this app.
No more waiting in front of the ticket machine for the guy in front to finish looking for change or for the ticket to print out — you can buy your subway (U Bahn or S Bahn), tram, or bus ticket while you’re walking to the station. I see that some are having trouble after the latest update, but it’s fine on my iPhone 6s. And you can buy multiple tickets and mix an order for full and partial fare tix.
My daughter has an iPhone 4 and is having some problems with the app — for some reason, she can only buy a ticket on a wifi connection, not with her regular phone service. I don’t use the mapping function, so I can’t comment on that. The app is free, and if it works for you, I think you’ll find it highly convenient.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.