guitarism - pocket acoustic & electric guitar
By Rhism LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over a million downloads. 9,000+ user reviews. 4.5 star avg rating. Get it now!
"My guitarist friend had a stroke that paralyzed the left side of his body and left him unable to play. I fired up Guitarism and handed my iPhone to him. A minute later he was singing and playing, his wife began to tear up and the smiles filled the room. Thank you thank you thank you." - 5 star user review from Canada
"After losing a finger in an accident, I have searched for a way to play guitar again. The first time I played with this app, I cried; I was finally playing guitar again. Thanks so much." - 5 star user review from the United States
Time.com: "simulates the experience of strumming away on six strings"
MacLife.com: "beautiful acoustic tones"
Evolver.fm: "a virtual acoustic guitar that anyone can play"
Apps4iDevices: "Killer App"
SmiteMatter: "amazingly playable design ... 5 stars!"
theiphoneappreview.com: "Fantastic sounding"
appchronicles.com: "Life-like guitar sounds"
appdictions.com: "Top notch"
"Everyone I show this to - WANTS it!" - 5 stars
"feels like a real musical instrument" - 5 stars
"can't make it sound bad" - 5 stars
"My wife often asks me why I’m playing (guitar) in the kitchen and then realizes it’s the app" - 5 stars
"Don't need any musical knowledge, you will gain it as you play" - 5 stars
"Mind blown" - 5 stars
Featured on MacLife's "8 Apps for Guitar Enthusiasts" and Music App Blog's "25 iOS music apps to get you started"
A guitar app for those who love the physical, visceral experience of playing guitar, with an online community for limitless inspiration and feedback! guitarism offers a highly tuned strumming interface integrated with spectacular guitar samples. The result of years of iteration, improvement and polish, you won't find a better-sounding or more playable guitar app on the App Store.
- Unrivaled sound quality - people will think you're playing a real guitar! Other guitar apps don't compare
- The most natural interface around - literally play with your eyes closed
- A complete suite of stunning acoustic and electric guitars, a powerful electric amp, fantastic effects, beautiful skins and a diverse range of presets to give you maximum control over your tone and sound!
- Beautiful artwork from graphic artist Ryan Hemeon
- Play along with songs from your music library, and save chord presets per song
- Record and share your performances with the community and your friends
- Watch others' performances for inspiration and download their chords
- Get feedback and stats on your published performances, and climb the charts
- Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Hold your iPad like a guitar and fret the chords!
- Integrate with your DAW via AudioCopy and export to iTunes File Sharing and Garageband
- Audiobus support! Now you can use guitarism as an Audiobus input and send live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. E.g. use Audiobus to connect guitarism to AmpKit and get live guitar effects in guitarism! See http://audiob.us for more information. Note: iPhone 4S+ / iPad 2+ required for Audiobus
- Quadroplay: simultaneously control guitarism and up to 3 additional MIDI-compatible apps (e.g. GarageBand) in complementary roles: guitar, bass and chords. Quadroplay turns guitarism into an advanced multi-channel MIDI controller
- Demo videos at www.youtube.com/rhismnation
- Rock out with guitarism today!
I am an independent developer, working hard to make guitarism the best guitar app possible. If you have any issues please email me at email@example.com - I reply to every support request!
Download guitarism now and start rocking out!
What's New in Version 3.31
Added new Bluetooth option in Settings screen
Fix incompatibility with JamUp and ToneStack connections over Audiobus
Very cool solo, but add 4play and Audiobus, awesome!
For an app, it's surprisingly satisfying for a real guitarist to play (when no real guitar is within reach), and it's sound, although far from a perfect replica of a real guitar, is quite convincing at times.
But listen to me, buy the in-app purchase stuff, especially the 4play thing! It allows you to route any of the guitar notes, bass notes, and chords (like a pad) to either the Guitarism virtual guitar sound, or any virtual MIDI channel. I highly recommend Arturia iSem for the bass notes, DXi for the chords, and the guitar notes through the internal Guitarism virtual guitar sound. With the virtual analog synths playing the bass notes and chords alongside a very convincing virtual guitar sound, it's very... old school prog rock.
Wanna get really fancy? Open Guitarism in Audiobus as an input along with the two aforementioned apps. Put the awesome delay effect Crystalline in the Audiobuss effect slot, and then just use the speaker or your favorite Audiobus recorder as the Audiobus output. 21st Century prog!
Closest to a real guitar
In all of the iOS universe, no other app comes closer to sounding like a real guitar. It departs from a real guitar when it comes to how it is played, but that is a VERY GOOD thing, because trying to shape chords and fret strings on a touch screen is annoying and stupid. If you only get one guitar app, this should be it. If you have more, this should be at the top of your collection!
I can't say that I'm the best person to judge this Application, but there are too many extras that you can download without the thing asking for passwords. It looks more like there might be a scam behind this guitar.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 02, 2014
- Version: 3.31
- Size: 59.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rhism LLC
- © Rhism LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rockstar CollectionFree
- Smart StringsFree
- Electric GuitarFree
- 12-String Acoustic GuitarFree
- Distortion EffectFree
- 12 String Electric GuitarFree
- Auto Wah EffectFree
- Chorus EffectFree
- Delay EffectFree