By Twitter, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Twitter is the best way to connect, express yourself and discover what’s happening.
• Connect with people and your interests to get unfiltered access and unique behind-the-scenes perspectives.
• Express yourself with photos, videos and comments.
• Discover what's happening. Get real-time stories, pictures, videos, conversations, ideas, and inspiration all in your timeline.
What's New in Version 3.1
This update brings new photo features to Twitter for Mac.
• View and post Tweets with as many as four photos (click each image preview to view the full photo)
• Share photos privately in Messages
• More performance improvements and bug fixes
Good, but could be even better
First things first: Having me CONFIRM a retweet when I specifically clicked RETWEET is annoying. Please get rid of it or give me the option to turn it OFF. Next, like other reviews have said, the ability to show animated GIFs would be great, along with the ability to select a darker theme. And since pictures/GIFs/videos are all becoming a larger part of Twitter, the ability to choose how I’d like images displayed (cropped, shrink-to-fit, etc) would be nice. Finally, some sort of timeline syncing across devices would be nice. Don’t put me at the “top” of the tweet timeline when I start the app - put me where I left off, regardless of what device I was just using.
And I may be beating a dead horse here, but 140 characters…really? I know that the point is to keep things simple and “to the point,” but just as the world is moving away from text/SMS messages to other platforms that offer unlimited message sizes, Twitter needs to evolve and up the character count.
Monumental memory usage
This app needs to be restarted regularly as memory usage can easily creep up to near a GB with significant effects on performance. This crazy amount of memory usage seems strange considering the relative simplicity of the app. It’s a shame, as I would prefer to just have the app constantly running, as it is a great way to quickly check tweets, and one of the few apps that makes it easy to map global keyboard shortcuts to different functions. Time for a refactor guys. This app needs to be leaner.
Good but not Great
I use this application nearly 24/7. I love how responsive it is and how much like the mobile app it is. However, I do with for a customization option. I mean… If I can set a dark theme on my windows phone app then I should be able to on my Mac app as well. I like to use my computer while I am in the dark so the white background strains my eyes after an extended use. This is not a huge problem… Just one small think that would make it perfect in my eyes. Thanks for reading.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 02, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- Copyright © 2013 Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor