Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Play world’s most popular brain game on your Mac and enjoy all the best features you can’t get anywhere else – thousands of grid designs, four difficulty levels, extensive statistics, Undo & Redo, Auto-Save, Auto-Correct, Auto-Fill hints and more...
Thanks to thousands of grid designs, you can be sure you’re buying really many hours of playtime. Impressive realistic interface with interactive tools around is easy to use and will let you choose from four difficulty levels from Easy to Insane, suited for all players from beginners to hard-core sudoku veterans. And don’t forget to use next-gen features such as Auto-Correct or Auto-Fill and track your best times in General Stats.
Smooth and clever annotations system does not cover cells around selected one and deleting or adding solved numbers has never been so easy. Want to leave immediately and not to lose your precious unfinished game? No problem, Auto-Save function will get you right back to your last move.
Can’t finish your own paper Sudoku? Fill it in and Sudoku Deluxe will solve it for you using Auto-Fill function. Also, you can design your very own sudoku to be played by your friends or simply for your own brain-teasing pleasure.
– Unlimited playtime with thousands of grid designs
– Impressive realistic interface with two layouts to choose from
– Four levels of difficulty – from Easy to Insane
– Smooth and clever annotations system
– Undo & Redo functions
– Next-gen features such as Auto-Correct and Auto-Fill
– Can’t finish your own paper Sudoku? Fill it in and Sudoku Deluxe will solve it for you
– Statistics – track your best times for each one of difficulty levels
– Auto-Save function – leave the game and then get right back to your last move
Good game with few flaws
There are a few interesting UI choices, and one lack of choice which prevent me from giving it a full 5, but it is a very good sudoku game. First, the windowed mode leaves other distractions in sight, so a full screen mode would be a nice change of pace. Also, the choice to have all available values listed in the currently highlighted cell means that you have to spend a little time to ensure you click the correct one. (I have played others where the available values are in a list and you select one, then right click to set a possible value or left click to specify the final value and find that paradigm to be more suitable to my tastes)
The only other two gripes I could comment on are related to settings…
1. The default sounds are not particularly fun or interesting and there's no background music, so you'll almost necessarily play your own in the background.
2. It would be nice to have an option to "clean up" potential answers when you select what you believe is the true value. While perhaps not true to the pencil and paper way, I have played versions which will immediately remove 6's in the row/column when you specify the value of some other cell as 6. In this game, you truly have to backtrack and remove potentials once you've specified a value. (A nice-to-have for casual games)
Love this thing :D
I have had a Mac for a little over 3 weeks. This is the best app I've bought yet. I have become absolutely ADDICTED to this app (and sudoku in general) thanks to this app. It still takes me about 25 minutes to complete one puzzle but I like being challenged a little. ;) LOVELOVELOVE this app!! I haven't experienced any delays in the game, i.e pausing or anything. I kinda wish there was an easier way to navigate while you were playing (i.e pressing spacebar to pause or some kinda shortcut like that). There probably is billions of shortcuts that I haven't figured out yet because I'm not exactly technilogically advanced when it comes to that kinda stuff. ;) but i still REALLY like this app. It's awesome. I like the autofill for when I get stuck sometimes. Yes, I will cheat with autofill every now and then. ;)
Amazing App !!!
You want to have a game that looks great on your MacBook or iMac and in the same time give you a lot of fun? Well, this is the one that you are looking for !
Sudoku Deluxe has a beautiful HD layout and architecture design that make every detail look amazing. It has different grade of difficulties, have a button call "Autoutfill" to help you out when you are stock in the game, it keeps track of the time when you are playing and it has two different themes, one call it "Modern" and "Oldstyle".
If you are looking for the best sudoku app on the AppStore, I recommend you this one 110%.
Good Job !!