Wunderlist: To-Do List & Tasks
By 6 Wunderkinder
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Mac App of the Year - 2013
Wunderlist helps millions of people around the world capture their ideas, things to do and places to see. Whether you’re sharing a grocery list with a loved one, working on a project, or planning a vacation, Wunderlist makes it easy to share your lists and collaborate with everyone in your life. Wunderlist instantly syncs between your phone, tablet and computer, so you can access your lists from anywhere.
“Wunderlist is our favorite to-do list manager for just about every platform.” - Lifehacker.
Wunderlist has also been featured in The New York Times, The Verge, TechCrunch, CNET, The Guardian, Wired, and Vanity Fair, just to name a few.
Key Wunderlist Features:
• Create all the lists you need and access them from your phone, tablet and computer
• Easily share lists and collaborate with family, friends and colleagues
• Start conversations about your to-dos
• Attach photos, PDFs, presentations and more
• Share the work and delegate to-dos
• Setting a Reminder ensures you never forget important deadlines (or birthday gifts) ever again
Wunderlist is free to download and use. Wunderlist Pro upgrades your experience and gives you unlimited access to Files, Assigning and Subtasks to help you accomplish even more for $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year through an in-app purchase.
Learn more about Wunderlist at www.wunderlist.com
What's New in Version 3.1.2
• Capture your ideas, thoughts and reminders in an instant. No matter which app you’re using, when an idea strikes just type ⌥⇧W to use the brand new Quick Add widget. It lets you instantly add an Item to your Inbox along with a Reminder and Star.
• In case you make a mistake in a Comment, you can now take back what you said because we’ve added the much requested ability to delete them. Just ⌥+click or two-finger tap on your trackpad.
• And to round this update out, we put our mine-sweeper to work to find and remove a bunch of bugs for better performance.
Nice unless you actually need it to organize your work day
I love the look and feel of this app and have worked with it for awhile but it has one major flaw. If you plan by entering a large number of tasks that need to be done or by listing tasks as they come up under different lists (like work, or home, or personal, or other categories), Wunderlist handle this well and lets you assign due dates easily. But, when you switch to the Week view or to the Today view, there is no way to drag and drop or reorder those tasks in order to prioritize what you want to accomplish on a particular day. So if you have 10 or 15 tasks that all have the same due date and you are looking at them in the Week view or there Today view, they are in a random order that you cannot reorder. (Technically, you can go back into the list view and drag and drop the order, but then you are trying to pick out the 10 or 15 items with that days due date from what might be 30 items that have different due dates and reorder those. Then if you go back to the week view, you will see a new order, but if you click on the Today view, the order reverts to the random order). All in all, this is going to be a deal breaker for me, because I need to prioritize my work day on the fly.
Overall, this is a great app. I love being able to use it across all platforms—Macbook, iPad, and iPhone. It syncs extremely quickly—usually within 3-5 seconds after updating a task on one device, it’s updated on the others! I like being able to add tags, share lists, and assign tasks to other people. Features like the “Add to Wunderlist” plug-in for your browser are awesome! You can highlight just about anything in your browser and click “Add to Wunderlist” to create a task. This was especially helpful when transferring data from my old task management app to this one. I like being able to add attachments, subtasks, due dates, repeating tasks schedules, comments, notes, etc. to each task. Also, it will export to iCal, which is nice.
There are two features that I think could be improved:
1. The ability to duplicate tasks (with all of the subtasks, due dates, etc. included)
2. A more robust prioritization system. You can “star” high priority items currently, but there’s no way to assign a “Low” or “Medium” priority to items. You can use tags to do that, but then you can’t “Sort by Priority” effectively.
Beautiful Design but Lacking Extensions (I thought)
I own too many todo type apps, and all three of my favorites that I use extensively (OmniFocus, Things, 2Do) sync to all of my devices, don’t charge an annual fee for the “pro” version, and make extensive use of services and extensions. Services and extensions (also used by all the other todo type apps I own) are the things that make using these apps truly functional and useful, and a real pleasure to use for me. With services and extensions, you can easily send things from other apps (i.e.- Mail) to your lists. I purchased a discount bundle elsewhere that provides a year of pro services for this and several other apps, so I thought I would give this a serious try. Looks pretty, clean and easy, but without more integtration services that I have grown to love so much, I won’t have much use for it. Hopefully, the developers will add these things in the future.
Update: Not sure why, but after several hours extension suddenly showed up for Wanderlist in Safari and in my System Prefs. Will add an extra star, but still only four since I would rather pay one upfront cost than an annual fee.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 35.5 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Maltese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: 6 Wunderkinder GmbH
- © 2014 6 Wunderkinder GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- One Month$4.99
- One Year$49.99