By PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 3.0.11
- [Events] has been added. All events associated with PlayStation® are now brought together, enabling you to discover and participate in these events in a centralized area.
- You can now use PlayStation®App to easily log in as a guest to the PS4™ system.
- You can now send a request to watch another user's gameplay.
- You can now comment on activities.
- YouTube™ broadcasts are now displayed in [Live from PlayStation].
Love The App
I love this app truly. Many people are complaining about this app, and sure it can be tweaked quite a bit. Although this is true, don't let that stop you from downloading this app. It still does what it's supposed to really well. I am able to message my friends, see who's online, see what's on the store. Watch live broadcasts, see what's new PS Plus deals, etc. If you are a true fan of PlayStation and/or use PlayStation (Both 3 &/or 4) You must have this app.
This all isn't to say this app couldn't do better. Sony should really increase the speed of the app, and Add more functions, while fixing the bugs that people are complaining about. Some functions they could add would be combining the PS Vue app with this app, and allowing Second Screen to display the actual screen on the TV.
Overall Sony has got the basic done well on this app. These options should be addressed by them simply because it should be of interest. It really made my PlayStation experience better to use this app.
Could be great with an UPDATE!
How can a company like Sony be so inept at making an app that works well? The app has some great functionality, but the lag is maddening and crashes just make me not want to use it. Seriously Sony, if your executives in charge of things like this and security get annual bonuses, please fire them and hire someone that deserves a bonus. Or better yet, stop paying bonuses and put that money into developing, updating, and polishing things like this. I get it, it's a free app. But anyone using this app has paid plenty for the games, accessories, and the console itself. In fact, many people have likely bought multiple PS consoles and multiple copies of the same game since backwards compatibility is not available. I've bought every gen PS console and love them, and know many others that have too, but if you're going to publish an app, don't neglect and just FIX IT! If done well, an app like this could be a great value added feature and could even sway people to buy a PS4 over an XBone, but as it is, this app is crap.
Works Great but can be perfected
1. When I link the second screen to my PS4, it would be a great feature if I can use the right, left, up and down feature to highlight a selection and press enter to select it, which it doesn't, so I have to use my controller after highlighting to press X (enter)
2. Unless if I close it myself, I would appreciate this app more if it didn't time out and disconnect once it's on idle, because it takes awhile to relink it to my PS4
3. When I use Netflix or an app, I wish the enter feature would work to select an option of my choosing
4. Why should I have to clear the apps cache to make it work? This happens to me once a month and it's an inconvenience to have to search my setting and clear it
5. I wish I can mark all of my notifications as read on the app to save myself time of doing it on my PS4 manually
Those are my primary setbacks to rating this app five stars, other than everything I detailed, it works great like is said before. Please consider revising my issues.
Thank you PSN
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 30, 2015
- Version: 3.0.11
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- © Copyright 2015 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.