By PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 4.20.9
- There is now a shortcut to PlayStation®Communities app.
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.
A bit clunky, but still essential
Frankly almost anything is preferable to trying to navigate certain PSN tasks on the console itself. The mobile app gives you a quick way to do maintenance chores (friend lists, events, see who's online right now) without having to do it on the console. I give it 4 stars because it does most of what it should do and it has been fairly reliable for me over the last 6 months. It is not a 5-star app because it is organised badly and is really slow. Too often it refreshes from the server as you navigate back and forth across a basic menu. While it means I'm always looking at fresh data, it means the app feels slow. I've just tapped "view friend request" then I've tapped "delete request" then I've gone back to the list of friend requests. Even though I was just on that list 2 seconds ago, I wait for a refresh from the back end. There's lots of this stuff. It's a great v2 app. We need a new generation with better performance and better user-focused layout of menus, tasks, and such.
Not working actively to current issues
I got this app mainly to get myself a profile picture. I was jealous that everyone else had something different from their PS avatar when I revealed names with others. So I got it and got myself a profile picture and everything was fine, all good from there. Though one thing I realized is that I could use my profile picture in Sharefactory. To me, this opened up opportunities for me to expand my editing ability.
I switched my profile picture often to get the one thing I need, be it to lock down my "green screen", get a certain png, whatever. It really helped with my editing.
At two points throughout my time with doing this, I was halted by an error. When I decided to change, it told me "Cannot change your profile picture." This happened as of sometime in December, and at the time I'm typing up this review. I have reinstalled all 3 apps (which I cannot understand why you didn't put all 3 into one app) tried different profile pictures, went through troubleshooting, only to find NO valid help toward this problem.
I even contacted support time and time again in regards to this issue. The only response that I got out of it was that they "escalated this to the proper team." and to this day it is still a problem that hasn't been corrected.
So all I'm saying is; If you're going to include something that doesn't even work, don't put it up in the first place.
Great app but..
This a a great app, your able to see which friends of yours are on pan and what they are playing. You can go into the psn store and purchase games and set them to download but if could change it in anyway it would be to add a feature to where if you're downloading a game and away from the tv or not at home at the time you could check on the progress of the download. I have to switch over to my PlayStation to see how far along the download is. It would be awesome to be able to see it from your phone
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 4.20.9
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- © Copyright 2016 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.