Offline Reader !
By Vijay Anand
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You can now read your favorite web pages even when there is no continuous Internet connectivity. Take your favorite web pages for Offline Reading.
To save a web page for Offline reading, touch the "Save Offline" icon while surfing the web using built-in browser
This app allows you to save entire web pages, including formatting and images, and read them offline on your iOS devices.
Get awesome functionality of safari "Reader" on your iPad. "Reader" formats a webpage to nicer readable format
What is Safari "Reader" ?
“Safari Reader removes annoying ads and other visual distractions from online articles, You get the whole story and nothing but the story.”
Get it while it's free. More to come.
What's New in Version 2.2
Great Tool for iPad users who wish to view online stuff once offline
Does exactly what I wanted with ease. The only down side is you cannot "rename" the web pages that you save to this app. Meaning that you would need to basically memorize the order of the pages you save if you put a lot on their or tap on each one until you land on the one you wanted. Not a huge deal so I do not really hold it against the app. Honestly thought the iPad's web browser should already have a "save for offline view" option already. This app just fills that need.
Works Great on iPad 4
Works as advertised on an iPad 4. Downloads a webpage from Safari or its own browser and keeps it intact for offline viewing on its own browser. Offline webpages display the same as they would appear online. Other apps that I have tried are unable to do that with all webpages.
Also has a "Reader" function which summarizes the content of a webpage without pics or ads.
I would give the app 5 stars but the documentation is sparse and confusing. Also, I would like the option of paying ($.99) to remove the banner ads at the bottom of the page.
Most useful offline web reader I've found so far
Easier than instapaper, but with a few small annoyances.
- renders all the pages I've tried perfectly
- allows all-paragraph select for "speak selection" to read me my articles
- no feedback/support email. Does the developer read these comments? I have no idea!
- in spotty network, queued downloads can fail and be lost (and the error does not even tell you which page failed)
- the "refresh" button refreshes from the saved page storage instead of getting a new web version! What's the point of that?
- in spotty network, when loading a saved page, it insists on trying to load a fresh version from the web. That's fine but there should be a button to stop that and show the saved version instead.
Fix these and it's a 5 star app!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 28, 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vijay Anand
- © iavian 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.