Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the fun as you test your appraisal skills on actual antiques brought to ROADSHOWS across the USA. The app incorporates only real antiques, photos, item histories and values, as appraised on the TV series. Your purchase supports PBS and ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.
Collect hundreds of virtual antiques and win bragging rights as an “Antiques Master” by scouring family heirlooms, yard sale bargains, estate sales, and long-lost items salvaged from attics and basements. As with the TV series, expert appraisers reveal fascinating insights about your finds, giving you the edge next time you trade antiques, whether virtual or real!
* Hundreds of antiques to discover from locations across the USA – collectibles, paintings, pottery, porcelain, jewelry, furniture, clocks, arms and militaria, photos and prints, glassware, manuscripts, and more!
* Simulated appraisal where you guess and learn the actual value.
* Detailed item descriptions and pictures (with ability to zoom in).
* Dozens of unique challenges to unlock and win bonus points.
* A scoring system that gives you the chance to become a top appraiser.
* Facebook Connect for posting your best finds.
* Experienced appraisers can unlock “free play” mode and scoop up more antiques, including rare items!
* A “collector’s log” shows you photos, descriptions and values for each antique you’ve collected.
The app is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
ABOUT THE TV SERIES
Part adventure, part history lesson, and part treasure hunt, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW brings in specialists from the country's leading auction houses — Bonhams and Butterfields, Christie's, Doyle New York, Skinner and Sotheby's — and independent dealers from across the nation to offer free appraisals of antiques and collectibles.
Funding for ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is provided by Liberty Mutual and Subaru. Additional funding is provided by public television viewers.
Find ANTIQUES ROADSHOW online at www.pbs.org/antiques.
What's New in Version 1.2
You can now easily shop multiple stores within a city when trying to complete challenges.
* Provides better access to view the items and zoom in.
* Improves legibility of text content.
* Various other enhancements.
This game was very entertaining. It is a bit short but interesting while it lasts. Plus it supports PBS. Love the show and the game presents a lot of the same eclectic mix of antiques you might see on an episode.
Really enjoyed the challenge mode where the player is sent looking for certain types of antiques. I just wish there was a free mode where you actually earned and lost money based on whether you got a good deal or not. Wasn't too excited about the free mode $9000 allowance every time you go to a city.
It supports PBS - good enough for me!
I gladly give $3 to support PBS and I get a sweet game to boot! Seriously there is nothing to complain about with this app. How many people have watched PBS for "free" in their lifetime and have the nerve to nit pick an app meant for casual entertainment. Really it's just a way to give a small monetary thanks to PBS for all the quality programming they continue to offer, including Antiques Roadshow.
HELP! Will not download no matter what
After considering spending the money for this app for a few weeks because of the bad reviews, I got wrapped up in the moment after watching the AR show and purchased it about six weeks ago. Have tried downloading it onto my iPhone several times but it gets only so far and then I get an error message. No support has responded to my pleas for help or refund. The icon on my phone says "Paused". Should read "Waste of Money". As with bargain antiques, this app is "Buyer Beware"!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 22, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 141 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © 2011 WGBH Educational Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.