By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Think Mac OS X's Spotlight could use some help, especially when searching for text files? Download EasyFind, an alternative to (or supplement of) Spotlight and find files, folders, or contents in any text file without indexing. EasyFind is especially useful for those tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices, or those just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
- Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases
- Extended Boolean operators, similar to DEVONthink and DEVONagent
- Immediate searches, no indexing required
- Finds invisible files and files inside packages (something Spotlight doesn't do)
- Displays the location of each file in a separate column
- Previews files using Quick Look (Mac OS X 10.5 or later)
- Provides contextual menus and services
- Supports drag-and-drop
- Very responsive, thanks to multithreading
- Uses very little memory
What's New in Version 4.9
This maintenance update adds the possibility to quickly select the current active Finder window for searching, allows dropping files and folders onto EasyFind's icon for setting the search target, and adds a Portuguese localization.
- NEW: Option Active Finder window added to location popup menu for easily searching in the folder of the active Finder window (and its subfolders).
- NEW: Files and folders can be dropped on the Dock or Finder icon of EasyFind to search in them or the enclosing folder of dropped files.
- NEW: Portuguese localization by Victor Figueiredo.
- Improved: More reliable and faster content searching.
- Improved: HFS+ catalog searching can now be cancelled almost immediately.
- Improved: More reliable and more efficient handling of Quick Look panel on Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" and later.
- Fixed: Minor user interface issues.
The best search utility
EasyFind searches everywhere, even the areas Spotlight is programed to ignore or forgets. Often Aplications will store information in the system folder. Some examples are background calalog apps, screensavers or preference files. If you need to delete or modifly them spotlight is useless.
Another useful EasyFind feature is that EF can just search a specific folder if you already have an idea of where the file or folder you're looking for is located.
Simple, fast and efficient EasyFind gets ★★★★★ from me.
Best gets better
Spotlight is simply unacceptable for searches related to system files. This is by far the best real search utility. Great UI, reliable, stable. Love it.
Searches all drives quickly and thoroughly
I use in a corporate environment with Mac and Windows servers. This app is fantastic, it searches everywhere. Networked drives, servers, etc. Exactly what I was looking for. Fast, comprehensive, nice interface.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 16, 2012
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001-2010 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later