deGeo - Geotag Remover, Photo Privacy Tool That Removes EXIF Metadata
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Included in Lifehacker's Best Photography Apps for iPhone: 2014 article.
deGeo provides effortless locational privacy when sharing photos.
Did you know that GPS location data is stored within each photo you take? This invisible, uneditable geotag data is embedded into every smartphone picture and contains the exact coordinates of where it was taken. Simply posting a cute pic of your pet online could lead anyone right to your front door!
deGeo is a photo sharing privacy utility that removes the geotags from your photos before sharing to Twitter, Facebook and the web. Share pictures with ease while safeguarding your privacy and personal location.
What others are saying:
"Easily strip away that location data so you can safely share photos publicly." - Lifehacker
"deGeo is simple and it gets the job done in one step." - MacStories
"I'm totally into this data stripper." - Cult of Mac
deGeo features a dynamic color matching UI changes colors based on your photo selections. New with iOS 8 - deGeo your photo's from any app with our new saving extension.
deGeo also exposes your geotags and full Exif information. Swipe left to view the location your photo was taken at on a map as well as details about the camera and exposure information as well as the time and date the photo was taken.
Protect & Control Your Locational Privacy
Locational data can potentially disclose some of your most sensitive private information including your home address, workplace or daily habits. Revealing your location via a photo is simple for the technically inclined or anyone with the right tools. deGeo purposely removes the geotags and associated EXIF metadata so you can safely share your pictures online.
deGeo makes photo sharing online simple and quick. Pick a photo from your library and tap share, that's it! deGeo leaves your original photo untouched and shares a copy without the geotags. Users can also save deGeo'd pics to the photo library. deGeo also supports the Open In protocol so you can transfer the photo to any photo app on your device that supports .jpg importing.
What's New in Version 3.0
deGeo version 3.0 is a major update with many new features and refinements. The premier photo location privacy protection tool just got even better. deGeo 3.0 brings a number of interface refinements, much expanded geotag details and new ways to save and share your deGeo'd photos. iOS 8 users also gain a new deGeo sharing extension so you can save deGeo'd photos from any other photo app on your device.
- Improved interface with new circle buttons
- Tell if a photo has geotags at a glance via the geotag icon
- Enjoy more details about the geotags including the approximate address and latitude and longitude coordinates.
- The ability to view the full raw photo metadata, geotags and other hidden exif information.
- Additional photo information including camera details, image resolution and photo dates.
- A new and improved photo picker, with full screen previews.
- Select from your iCloud photo albums
- Photos are now saved to the custom "deGeo'd Photos" album for easy reference
- Easily copy and share geotag details and locations.
- New iOS 8 sharing extension - Save deGeo'd photos in any photo app on your device
- Open geotag locations in Apple Maps or Google Maps
- Fully optimized for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Resolved outstanding crashing issues
- Improved overall stability
If you enjoy deGeo please leave us a star rating or review in the App Store. It's a big help and I sincerely appreciate your support.
So easy to use and appears to work great! Still checking it out, but this app is sorely needed.
if only i could directly view photo info and remove geo data from the default photos.app via extension！
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 16, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Languages: Danish, English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Ryan Kairer
- © MobileInfocenter.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.