By Irradiated Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
••• Cinch is compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra •••
Cinch gives you simple, mouse or trackpad-driven window management by defining the left, right, and top edges of your screen as 'hot zones'. Drag a window until the cursor hits one of these zones then drop the window to have it cinch into place.
Cinching to the left or right edges of the screen will resize the window to fill half the screen, allowing you to easily compare two windows side-by-side (splitscreen).
Cinching to the top edge of the screen will maximize the window to fill the entire screen (fullscreen).
Dragging a window away from its cinched position will restore the window to its original size.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
• Compatibility updates for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
• Fix for triggering dedicated graphics on some Macs.
THE BEST APP EVER
I literally have never reviewed an app before... But this app is worth it. First, I want to thank the developer who upkeeps this app for me to use all the time on every version of OS X. It's amazing. Now as for the functionality, it works flawlessly every time. Snap a window left, right, or full screen. So intuitive. If you're used to Windows and the ability to snap, this app is for you. Easily organize windows on your screen. It's awesome. That's about it. I don't know why you are still reading this. BUY IT ALREADY. K thnx bye.
Unreliable, bad support for multiple monitors
1. Cinch does not always recognize when you move a window to the edge of the screen. So you need to move it to the edge, then away from the edge, and then back to the edge.
2. Cinch does not work very well with multiple monitors, since when you drag it to the edge the window moves into another screen and doesn’t “snap” to the edge. Alternatives like Size Up have no problem with multiple monitors because you can use hotkeys.
3. The animated dashed lines are poorly done. Very low framerate. It looks like it’s broken. Not slick-looking at all or satisfying.
Updated to 2 stars because it does “work”.
I feel guilty for only paying 7 dollars for this.
This plugin is up there with virtual desktops and trackpad for me when it comes to usability. OS X is nice, but they seriously overlook some things and this corrected one of the biggest oversights in a most simple, painless way. Seriously, to the team that created this, thank you, from one dev to the lot of you. If this was subscription based only, I’d have another monthly expense report, not even joking :)
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 18, 2016
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Irradiated Software, LLC
- © 2009-2015 Irradiated Software, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later