Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Soulver helps you do quick calculations and work things out. Use Soulver to play around with numbers, do "back of the envelope" calculations, and solve day-to-day problems.
Annotate your numbers with words, so that they make sense to you. Soulver picks out the numbers and calculates your answer as you type. Do calculations over multiple lines, and refer to previous lines, much like a spreadsheet.
Soulver is great for adding things up, doing all kinds of percentages easily, and converting things, like currencies. It's quicker to use than a spreadsheet, and smarter and clearer than a traditional calculator.
- A text editor for working stuff out & doing quick calculations.
- Use words amid your calculations so your numbers make sense
- Easily do percentages ("$120 - 10%", "30 as a % of 200")
- See a running total of all your lines
- Do easy conversions ("10 USD in Euros, "22 feet in meters")
- Do calculations with stocks ("100 AAPL")
- Refer to previous lines using tokens.
- Create variables to hold frequently used numbers
- All the standard mathematical functions.
- Support for calculations in binary & hex.
- Save your work & share it with the iPhone & iPad versions of Soulver.
- Export into PDF & HTML emailing.
- Support for Resume & Versions on Mac OS 10.7 Lion
2010 Mac Gem - MacWorld 4/5 Mice
2010 Mac OS X Ars Design Award: Runner up
“It reinvents the calculator, and in that process, I believe Acqualia have come up with a real piece of genius.” AppStorm
“Without a doubt the best digital calculator on the Apple platform.” SmokingApples
What's New in Version 2.4.5
- Added the Bitcoin currency (BTC)
- Added a "Copy Total" menu item
- Added a preference to control the parenthesis color.
- Added a preference to control whether closing quotation marks are automatically added.
- Fixed the base currency popup in the Numbers window
- Smart quotes are disabled by default now
- Fixed an issue where some currencies would not work in lower case.
- Fixed some crashes
I continue to love this application and use it on everything
At first I found this to be a novelty. A little tip calculator or something I could use to convert currency while traveling. Instead, it is just to most aweome little (in size not power) tool I have. I use it for all sorts of calculations and re-occuring number crunching. This kind of _tool_ is an example of why the Apple OSX way of working is productive, clean, and easy. They took a calculator + spreadsheet and created a very useful tool for any kind of number exploration.
I have it on my iPhone and Macbook Pro and share files between devices using iCloud (which is automatic if you choose iCloud as the storage location). I have already gifted it to a few people who play with numbers in a similar way to what I do.
I have a gained much benefit from this app and it is now part of my daily tool box.
UPDATED: I continue to find this tool extremely valuable. It is one of the handiest numericial tools I have. This should be on every Mac and iPhone. It is a swiss army knife for numbers.
Needs more metric units
Pretty good. Needs more metric units for speed. km/h, m/s, km/s are missing. Lots of other units missing too. Slug, all angular units e.g. rpm, cps, period, missing all units of acceleration, m/s/s, etc. Good idea but with a little work could be improved a lot. To really make up for a normal calculator it needs to have exhaustive comprehension of units, equivalent to the might of google or wolfram alpha.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 12, 2014
- Version: 2.4.5
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Acqualia Software
- © 2014 Acqualia Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later