World of Goo
By 2D BOY
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.
Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.
Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.
World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.
The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you.
World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent!
Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally.
Congratulations, and good luck!
Awards and recognition for World of Goo:
* Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
* Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards
* Best Design -Independent Games Festival
* Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival
* Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards
* Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun
* Game of the Year -GameTunnel
* Wii Game of the Year -IGN
* Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN
* Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN
* Best New IP Wii -IGN
* Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN
* Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards
If it worked it would be awesome.
This is honestly one of my favorite games of all time. I bought the Windows version a couple of years ago, and have gotten way more enjoyment out of the $20 I paid than I ever thought I would. So when I saw it for $10 on the app store, I thought "what the heck." Unfortunately, the game hasn't opened successfully--it crashes every single time.
So for the game, way more than 5 stars. For my experience with the App store version, zero stars. I'll give the developers the benefit of the doubt, since I know it's such an awesome game. I'm just a little perturbed for spending $10 on a game that won't open. Hope other people have better luck, since the game is well worth way more than $10.
Can’t Exit Full Screen EVER
The game is great—imaginative, physics-based, cool design. However, as a previous reviewer noted, you can’t get out of full screen once you enter it. NOTHING works—not “ESC”, or moving the cursor to the side or corner of the screen, etc. Once you quit the game and reopen it, it is STILL in full screen. The previous review was posted several months ago, and I bought this app figuring that the developer would have figured out how to address the problem, but no, they don’t seem to care. If al I want to do with my computer for an hour or more is play this game, fine, but I use my computer for a lot of stuff, and often need to check mail, etc., between levels.
The game is stable, fun and relaxing however there are three issues that I find particularly annoying.
1. No way to get out of full screen mode. In order to do anything else on my machine I have to quite the game.
2. No way to turn off the music. I don’t want to listen to the tedious, unimaginative sound track. I want to listen to the music I have in my library.
3. No way to control the volume of the sound effects or music.
These are all basic interface functions and I can’t imagine why the devs didn’t include them.