By ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Casts is a powerful Podcast manager for iPhone and iPad.
We love podcasts, so we made a podcatcher that is full featured and simple to use. Simply add your favorite podcasts, and you'll be able to download or stream new episodes as they are broadcast.
Pocket Casts is the best way to listen to podcasts.
- Sync and backup: Your subscriptions, podcasts, playlists & progress can be synced with our server and your other iOS devices. Setting up a new phone has never been easier - if you drop your phone in the toilet, your podcasts are easily restored from their sanctuary in the cloud.
- Powerful episode filters: Customise the way Pocket Casts lists your episodes. Want a list of every unplayed, downloaded podcast? Right here. How about a list of video episodes that you haven’t downloaded yet? Easy.
- Stunning interface: We’ve toiled night and day to bring you the simplest and most powerful Pocket Casts interface to date. It has an adaptive interface - colors change to compliment podcast artwork.
- Auto download, no need to even open the app!
- Skippety Skip: quick skip back and forward controls, that you can customise yourself.
- Sleep Timer: Fall asleep to your favorite boring podcasts
- Auto cleanup: set how many episodes of a podcast you want to keep, and have our app clean up the old ones for you.
- Instant refresh: Refresh 50 podcasts in the same time it takes other apps to do 1! (our server monitors your feeds, so your phone doesn't have to)
- Sharing: share your podcasts, episodes and positions in episodes with your friends.
There are many powerful, straight forward features that are great to look at and easy to use.
What's New in Version 4.4.1
Ok, let's try something different today, what about I just list what's changed? I have my serious friend here to help me, he's promised to keep me on track:
- Added setting to choose whether to load per episode artwork or not
- Fixed some podcasts being loaded with corrupted embedded artwork
Oh who am I kidding? I can't keep this seriousness up for more than 30 seco *SLAP*. Hey! That really hurt *SLAP* ok I guess I needed that, let's continue:
- Fixed an issue where some bluetooth devices couldn't pause our app when it was playing at more than 1 speed
- Fixed the sleep timer in iOS 7.1
- Pocket Casts will no longer pause audio playing from other apps until you actually hit play, or go to the full screen player. This one took me ages people, if you don't appreciate it imma find you personally, and refuse to shake your hand when I introduce myself. Ha, that'll show *SLAP*...ok ok, let's continue:
- Fix for the bluetooth/lock screen info sometimes not updating when going to a new episode
- Embedded artwork now supported on iPad as well
- Various other bug *SLAP*...what? I can't list every little fix here, some of them are quite technical. Our customers might not even understand what half this stuff means, I mean they are kinda *SLAP*...yeah ok, you're right, good thing I didn't say what I was about to say
This serious update, brought to you by our serious friends at Seriousville. If you enjoyed it, leave us a serious review ;)
Brilliant App for Podcast Enthusiasts
Pocketcasts doesn't just surpass Apple's own Podcasts app — it blows it out of the water.
I won't bore you with a long list of features. I'll simply give a recommendation:
If you listen to podcasts hourly, daily, or even weekly, then spend the money for Pocketcasts. I promise you it will be worth it.
Favorite feature: the ability to set an automatic, podcast-specific amount of time that will skip you ahead past your favorite podcast's intro sequence. In other words, if the podcast has a 45-second intro/music sequence, Pocketcasts will start playback at 44 seconds (or whatever time length you specify). Awesome.
feature update details are worth the price of admission
The app works great for me, but what puts it over-the-top for me are the feature update details when the app is updated. Rather than just stale "bug fixes" they are humorous narratives on things that changed with small tangents.
Although I love the app, I have it four stars because it still feels like it could be better, and I don't want them to rest on their laurels. One thing is when you have a podcast with hundreds episodes, it takes a while to scroll to the earliest unheard episode. For example, if there are 450 episodes and you're on 137, there isn't a way to "snap" to that episode.
All around fantastic
Works great without tweaking. But tweak away if you want. Every option you'd want is there. I like delete episode after playing and skip ahead 45 seconds.
Easy to subscribe. Easy to listen. Easy to manage.
Super fast to sync. No joke when they tout the work their server does.
Push notifications are great. Let's you know when you've got something new.
The UI is great. Hands down. Nice work.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 25, 2014
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ShiftyJelly PTY LTD
- © Shifty Jelly 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.