Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rockmate featured on Apple iPad TV ad !!!
Rockmate turns your iPad into a complete music studio that is easy and super fun to use.
You can compose, record and play songs with up to 4 Rock players on a single iPad. Rockmate is easy to play with smart chord progressions, sounds great with separate guitar effects and audio samples produced in-house, and is also fully customizable with multiple drums and keyboard styles.
Your guitars are always in tune, no need to carry your drum kit or to patch your keyboard. A smart metronome and a real-time looper will assist you in composing and recording your songs. Share your songs by email, Facebook, SoundCloud or iTunes folder sharing.
Rockmate is ready to rock!
This app is not compatible with jailbroken iPads. If it crashes at start up, please update to iOS 6
Please leave a review on iTunes and follow us @fingerlab on twitter.
Watch the Rockmate video demo at: vimeo.com/fingerlab
*Use a USB microphone and headphones for optimal recordings.
• High-quality samples
• 12 drum kits
• 16 keyboard kits
• Voice recording
• Realtime looper
• 4 players on a single iPad
• Smart metronome
• Mixer with level and pan controls
• Realtime Fx (distortion, multiFX, PowerChords)
• Customizable chord progression
• Create your own chords
• Save your styles (chord progressions, FX, drum and keyboard styles, etc...)
• Export: .wav
• Facebook, SoundCloud, iTunes folder and email sharing
• MIDI In with keyboard support
• Import samples with AudioPaste and Music library
• Retina graphics
Watch Rockmate video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next Rockmate update.
Other Fingerlab music App:
DM1 The Drum Machine (Apple design Award 21012)
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Fingerlab
What's New in Version 1.3.2
-Minor localization fixes
Great Multiplayer Fun!
Great app for a few people to sit around and make music on an iPad. There is a nice mix of sounds included, and the instruments (especially the drums) are fun to play.
1) The two gutars' chords seem to be tied together, i.e. if the first guiter selects it's first chord, the same happens to the 2nd guitar.
2) The keyboard is too limited - I would hope for at least one more key (to give a full ocatave) and/or some ability to go up & down an octave.
3) Seems most of the songs I'm thinking of have a 5 chord progression - I'd love to see one more chord button!
...and that's about it. The only thing else I could think of to add on this would be more samples/sounds, but the included ones are fine.
Not a serious tool, but definately a lot of fun to be had here for the price!
Lots of potential
This app is a lot of fun, but it needs a little more work to really shine. The looper is very basic and difficult to work with. There's no way to turn off tracks that you've already recorded, and it's difficult to get the tracks to loop cleanly. Also, I'd like to be able to run the metronome while looping without recording the sound of the metronome into the loop. Also, there needs to be a way to use more than 4 chords per guitar, and user defined chords would be great. That being said, it's fun to play around with, but a few tweaks could really make it something special.
A quick way to bang out ideas
Rockmate does a good job for very straight forward, simplified rock composition. I hope to see Rockmate updates for iOS 5 in the future...... And maybe core midi out, or midi file export, or even audiobus. :) maybe?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 27, 2013
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 202 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Fingerlab SARL
- © Fingerlab 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.