Private Photo Vault - Ultimate Photo+Video Manager
By William Sidell
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Best and Most Private Photo and Video App for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
Over 3,000,000 people trust Private Photo Vault to keep their photos hidden.
Top 100 Photography App in USA, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, India, Italy, Finland, UK, South Africa, Egypt, Mexico, Malaysia, Australia, Hong Kong, France, Ireland, Germany and many more countries.
* * * * *
"Wow, I have been wanting a way to hide some of my photos for a while, this is a perfect solution."
* * * * *
"Exactly what I'm looking for, can organize albums and even 'hide' others that I feel I need to."
PROTECT YOUR "SPECIAL" PHOTOS + VIDEOS
• Password Protected App Entry
• Pin Lock
• Pattern/Dot Lock
• Password Protected Photo Albums
(Keep people out of your private albums)
• Break-in Report: Photo + GPS
• Decoy Password
• Create Albums right in the App
• Import/Export from Photo App
• iTunes Syncing
• Wireless Photo Transfer
• Email Photos
• Text Message Photos
• Image Gallery
• Intuitive Interface just like Photo App
• Import/Export from Photo App
• Watch Videos
What's New in Version 6.1
Private Photo Vault v6.1
+ Photo Editor now supports landscape on iPad
Please get this app
I have had this app for several years and have been extremely satisfied during this period of time. The security and peace of mind that I get from using this app is incredible. I love that I can have 2 layers of passwords before anyone can see my data (keeps my pics safe and hidden).
I enthusiastically recommend this app to all of my friends. The developer has always responded quickly to address bugs and iOS updates.
I have had no issues with anything in particular. Photos load very quickly and the app does a great job playing videos.
Things to note:
1) The app gives you the ability to import photos in high quality or original quality. If you want to preserve the original quality of your photos, make sure that you adjust the app to the original quality import setting.
2) You do need to delete the photos and videos from your camera roll after you have imported them into the app. I believe this is do to an App Store requirement.
3) Password protected folders have the lock icon on them and you can't customize the look of it.
I definitely recommend upgrading to the full version. The breakin report and decoy password are so cool! The camera built into the app is useful for taking photos and having them be private from the start.
Solves only 1 of 2 problems
I have two problems with the iPhone camera roll:
1. There are some photos I want to keep private.
2. Multiple log-ins. (A password-only login would be ok; i.e. one password takes me to one set; another password takes me to the other). Alternatively: allow me to have a non-private set that displays when I open the app, then a non-obvious button I can click to login to the private set. Password protected folders is not the same, because they're in the face of others as "here's something you're not allowed to see!"
THE REASON FOR #2:
The camera roll becomes unwieldy; it currently contains all photos since my iPhone 1 (or was it 2 --I think 1). The camera roll allows albums to be created, but the original photo has to stay in the camera roll. Besides solving problem #1, I would also like to begin cleaning up my camera roll by moving pics from there to the vault, but don't want to be forced to put all pics in the same vault, seeing as that would defeat #1.
If that problem were already solved, I would upgrade to Pro. But since it isn't, I'm about to browse the app store for an app that does (solve that problem).
A bit misleading
I downloaded the app and everything went smoothly. It was easy to import pics and video.
After you import a video you are greeted with a popup saying that you can now delete your photos/videos from your camera roll. Now that your photos and video are deleted, you will find out that you can't watch videos in the vault unless you pay the $2.99 upgrade fee to make it "pro". I had no intentions of buying any upgrades and now I'm forced to if I want to watch videos.
This feature isn't stated in the description and I think it should be. I guess the good part is that you can save your vault videos back to your camera roll, but then that defeats the purpose if downloading the app altogether.
Another weird part is the "import picture quality" feature. You can import the original quality photo but it will take more time, or you can import the "high quality" photo which is a lower resolution and it takes less time.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 09, 2013
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: William Sidell
- © Enchanted Cloud Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Upgrade + Remove Ads$2.99