P-47 - The Phantom Fighter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A great shoot‘em’up of arcade cabinet is back!
Transform your iPhone in a coin-free arcade machine! P-47 - The Phantom Fighter, also known as P-47 - The Freedom Fighter, has been developed by Jaleco in 1988, then released on Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64... Play this classic with a revamped gameplay only for iOS!
Get through the 8 levels of the game to rule the sky during World War Two! Give life back to your memories and take control of one of the most powerful warplane and defeat the strongest opponents! This amazing shoot’em’up is a video game all-time classic, to discover or rediscover.
/!\ ##IMPORTANT## /!\ iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPod Touch 3rd Generation and up, and iPad Devices only.
- Original game: Fight the Axe through 8 stages around the world and defeat boss stronger than each other!
- Soundtrack: Ready to go back in some great arcade music of the 90’s? Or play with your own music if you prefer!
- Story mode: Play this mode with 5 lives. Each time you unlock a stage, you can start again your adventure from this point.
- Survival mode: Skill is required in this mode! Play with 9 lives, from the beginning... to the end! Try and make the best score!
- Gameplay: Play in a fullscreen or windowed mode with touch or v-pad controls. Have some fun and be the best pilot of the sky!
- Game Center: Lots of different achievements to unlock! Check the leaderboard and compete with your friends to make the best score in Survival mode!
Thank you everyone for supporting P-47 - The Phantom Fighter! Do not forget to rate us 5 stars and we'll keep on going with new content! Feel free to tell the world about this game!
Other Jaleco Arcade Series titles:
-> 64th Street – A Detective Story
-> Avenging Spirit: Platform game
-> Earth Defense Force: Shoot them up.
Follow us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Visit us on:
What's New in Version 1.2
facebook minor update
good, needs iCade support
It's a fun game. I wish it (and the other Jaleco ports) had iCade Mobile support, though. The touch screen controls are pretty decent, and it's nice to have part of the screen dedicated to movement so I don't have to cover up the action with my fingers, but inevitably my finger starts to stick to the screen at just the moment when I most need to move my plane.
Love the graphics from the old days...a little on the hard side...could use some difficulty settings but the game is still fun!!!! Keep em coming!!!!!
Room for improvement
Controls could be better, but overall worth the price.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 30, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DotEmu
- © Copyright JALECO LTD., DotEmu SAS.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).