By Zaner-Bloser, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your child will love learning to print uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters and numbers with the fun and interactive Zaner-Bloser Handwriting—Manuscript app.
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting—Manuscript is one of four in an introductory series of basic handwriting apps from Zaner-Bloser, the leader in handwriting instruction. Other apps in this series include Zaner-Bloser Handwriting—Cursive, Zaner-Bloser La escritura —Letra manuscrita, and Zaner-Bloser La escritura—Letra cursiva.
• Video animations to show the correct formation of all letters and numbers
• Unrestricted choice of any letter or number at any time
• Choice of shaded letters and numbers for tracing or blank guidelines for practice
• “Hint” button for instructional support
• Built-in reward to celebrate your young writer’s success and motivate her/him to improve
• Zaner-Bloser’s manuscript (print) alphabet and numerals, the most widely used and recognized
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Compatibility update for iOS5 (bug fix for video not playing)
This app is totally useless. What a waste of money. The free handwriting apps are better than this one from the supposed "leader in handwriting instruction". I was so hopefully about this app, but what a disappointment! I purchased it because Zaner-Bloser is the style that my son is learning in school and I thought it would help him. The problem is that when tracing the letters, there is no boundary within which the tracing must be to be correct. As long as you start around the beginning dot you can scribble all over the page and just lift your finger where the tracing should stop and when you check you work it will say "Well Done"! My son thinks it's funny to see how much he can scribble on the page and still get "Well Done" when he checks his work. The game they use to entertain the child is also lame. There is not much to this app at all and it certainly doesn't warrant having to pay for what it is. I really hope the developer reads this and reworks this app. Save your money for something else until then.
Could use some tweaking
I like the layout of the app. I have found that if I use the check function, it does require a fair amount of accuracy to have it be marked correct. Here's what I'd like to see added:
1. The ability to have more than one account. I work with a number of student's. it would be nice to have a separate account for each one.
2. The ability to track progress
3. Practice for the introductory strokes (circle back, pull down, etc) for younger students
4. Maybe even some little videos of some of the songs
Not too happy
Handwriting Without Tears is much for user friendly for a toddler who is wanting to learn to write. Too many steps and not a good demonstration. I wish I could get a refund.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 20, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zaner-Bloser, Inc.
- © 2011 Zaner-Bloser, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.