By Daniel ALEMU
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia, spoken by a large part of the country’s population. It is the second most widely spoken Semitic language in the world.
Amharic App makes learning the language so much easy and fun. It allows you to get familiar with the various parts of this intriguing language at your own pace. And if you are already fluent in Amharic, you will find this App to be an excellent reference of this interesting language.
You can learn the basics starting with the letters of the Alphabet and then work your way through the numeric symbols and punctuation marks. You may then go on to build your Amharic word power by navigating through categories or by searching for their English equivalents in the vocabulary section.
Also in the Vocabulary section, you can learn how to communicate with common phrases such as 'Thank You', 'Hello', 'Goodbye' and much more.
In the likely case that you are interested in the sounds of the words and characters of the Amharic language, you may tap on any letter, number, word, or phrase to listen to the recordings as spoken by a native speaker.
Using the Amharic iOS App, you can
- Learn the symbols and sounds of the letters in the Amharic alphabet.
- Play a fun game of Amharic Letter Puzzle. You drag to move the letters around to get them in syllable order and win the game.
- Learn about the number symbols used in the Amharic language and hear how they sound.
- Convert numbers to Amharic numeric symbols
- Get to know the punctuation marks used in Amharic text
- Browse through and amass a searchable vocabulary of an ever growing number of words and phrases in the Amharic language.
- Enhance your Amharic learning with Vocabulary Flash Cards. Test yourself by switching from English to Amharic and vice-versa. Tap on the Amharic letter to learn the pronunciation.
- Lots more words and phrases to enjoy in the vocabulary section.
- Additional features and enhancements suggested by users.
What's New in Version 4.9
NOTE: A few users have reported an issue with Amharic app immediately quitting upon launch. Please send us an email if you encounter such a problem so that we can identify the issue and fix it promptly.
So what's New?
- New words and expressions.
- Visual changes and enhancements.
- New "Home" tab for additional resources to learning Amharic.
Just a reminder that if you have any issues, questions, comments, or suggestions, please send us an email and we will do our best to address them. Our email address is AmharicApp@DanielAlemu.com
I have had this app for several years and it has worked without fail until this most recent update. It will not open. Please fix ASAP.
After years of working very well, app suddenly will not open now- even after deleting and new download.
This application fails to open. Please fix!!!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel ALEMU
- © 2014 Daniel Alemu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.