Day One (Journal / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
APP OF THE WEEK SALE EXTENDED!
20% OFF the Mac version of Day One until July 17th.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.14.1
- Tumblr sharing now supported in Publish.
- Train/metro icon for motion activity.
- Eliminated crash when trying to use Publish features.
- Deleted entries don't reappear in timeline when sync is disabled. (Note: There will still be some cases where deleted entries might reappear when using syncing, but this is by design to avoid accidental data loss.)
- Improved search for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other multi-byte characters.
- Fixed timeline crashes.
- Photos don't hide in landscape mode.
- Performance improvements.
- We won an Apple Design Award!
Finally something that gets me to keep a record
This app is been fantastic, it's easy to use and that makes it easy for me to record moments. Rather then allow my social media to chronicle my life, I can write thoughts and attach pictures to them which is fantastic. I can capture moments that are family spends together and have those for my posterity to enjoy later.
1- add video. There are several moments that I would've rather captured a clip on video and then attach that to my journal entry. Sometimes adding a picture just isn't the same. Even if you put size or time limitations on it like "up to :30 video only" it would be great.
2- export feature. I would love the ability to either export this to a digital file that could be stored on my computer, and/or make a printed book out of it. Paper by 53 now has a book option and of course iPhoto has had book options for years. A way to preserve a physical copy of this would be really fantastic. If you implemented the video clips the book option might be challenging, but perhaps a digital PDF that could be viewed in iBooks? That would help keep us forward thinking, and give us the ability to chronicle things by year. I'd love to build to say "check out 2014" and have all my journal entries for the entire year in one place. I can also see this being useful for mothers keeping journals of individual children.
Apple deleted my last review
I'll keep it short since I'm not typing all that again with my finger. If u allow timeline view to show 1 or 2 more lines of text (make the rectangles bigger) I will raise to 5 stars. I like to keep it short and fit my day into that rectangle so I can read the whole entry in timeline view without having to tap into the entry view unless I'm making one or editing it. I made the text smaller but if just one more line of text is allowed in timeline view mode I will raise to 5 stars. Or maybe u can make the rectangle auto-fit the text to up to 3 more lines than it does that would also work!
Other than that I love it besides it not encrypting ur password I heard u can retrieve it in the app files which is a big deal to some as well I'm sure. Also u should let ppl have 2 or 3 pics per entry and allow them to crop them or show the entire photo too. Thanks for listening!
This works great as a daily planner
Granted I only just downloaded this app.
But the fact that it has a calendar view as well a a list view it really helps with my day planning. I had spent days trying out planner apps and couldn't find anything like what I wanted. So I resorted to pencil an paper and it looks exactly like the list view of this app. Weather and everything. (Which is really helpful when planning events ahead to see the weather) this is a great app so far but I would also have it located under some kind of day planner tag? I would have loved to found this sooner! (Although I don't really "publish" anything since it's more for personal use but that's a good option aswell)
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 23, 2014
- Version: 1.14.1
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.